BOTM 7/17: Heaven Hill 6 year old Bottled In Bond

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

You had to go on a waiting list for W12 don't they know your name is Weller Tex they should keep a bottle behind the counter for you at all times.

Lol...well I am a drop in the bucket at Spec's compared to all the Houstonians on this list.  I check NASA Liquor and some other local shops, never found any. I hate the NAS WSR and don't care for NAS OWA, so I guess I need to finally change my handle..

• I like it 1

Lol...well I am a drop in the bucket at Spec's compared to all the Houstonians on this list.  I check NASA Liquor and some other local shops, never found any. I hate the NAS WSR and don't care for NAS OWA, so I guess I need to finally change my handle..

I lucked out on my last handle of W12. I knew Spec's in Houston likely got some in based on comments here from posters in Dallas. I showed up downtown and saw them handing them out even though I didn't get a call. I was going to make a stink but before I could they gave me a bottle. It's all about timing.

Agree WSR stinks but if I could only have W12 or OWA on the shelf I'd go with OWA.
  • I like it 1

I picked up a bottle of HH6yr BIB for $10.99 in Belleview KY and put it in the refrigerator as soon as I got home.

I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing this fine product. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

• I like it 1

On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 at 8:16 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Gosh darn it you guys! My wonderful wife puts up with, and sometimes even helps with my bourbon "hobby". The given space allotted for my bourbon is in "my" room. I'm not quite sure what would happen if I started putting bourbon in our fridge. <_< 

Since y'all mentioned this, I have something to relate, and a question to ask. A good friend of ours likes vodka martinis. He keeps his vodka in the freezer. Has anyone tried this with bourbon?

Cheers! Joe

Sorry bout that blank post, guys.....mostly a reader but seldom a poster....I tried a frozen puck in my HH BIB and did enjoy the difference. ..but the way I solved the "Fridge dilemma " was to make a little room in my Beer fridge for one of my bottles of before mentioned HH BIB....It loves the new home. ..Cheers  

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, JerseyDon said:

Sorry bout that blank post, guys.....mostly a reader but seldom a poster....I tried a frozen puck in my HH BIB and did enjoy the difference. ..but the way I solved the "Fridge dilemma " was to make a little room in my Beer fridge for one of my bottles of before mentioned HH BIB....It loves the new home. ..Cheers  

"Atta boy Luther!" Glad you're enjoying the HH 6 yr BIB. See ya' Wednesday? 

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the HH bonds are good, but this is the best, oldest (except McKenna), and ironically, the cheapest. Just enough sweetness and oak added to the normal HH BIB profile to make it special, and the measuring stick of bourbon, to me.

Hadn't bought any bourbon of any kind in months, but went to pick up some to take to the 'rental-in-laws the other day, and grabbed two of these. Didn't even take any time to look what else was on the shelf....didn't care. You can't beat the value of this one.

I know one place I can get it for under $10. May grab a case soon, just in case.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

I know one place I can get it for under $10. May grab a case soon, just in case.

At that price you might want to consider buying 2 cases......just in case :) 

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

At that price you might want to consider buying 2 cases......just in case :) 

You will not find more sound advice than this on the entire forum.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, flahute said:

You will not find more sound advice than this on the entire forum.

Careful Steve. If you suggest that I came up with some sound advice, people will lose all respect for you

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Careful Steve. If you suggest that I came up with some sound advice, people will lose all respect for you

LOL.........the battle Royale is on: Vosgar's ability to offer up sound advice versus the impenetrable reputation of HH6BIB.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

LOL.........the battle Royale is on: Vosgar's ability to offer up sound advice versus the impenetrable reputation of HH6BIB.

Working on my concession speech........

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Mind = Blown!  :lol:

• I like it 1

Hell, the way you guys talk about this stuff, you are going to compel me to buy a case of this stuff the next time I'm in KY, and I can't even remember if I even tasted it during the April Sampler weekend. I know Fishnbowljoe loves the stuff because he had a case of it in our room, but I don't remember if I tried it or not...not like there was much else to drink in the gazebo! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

My recent trip to KY I stopped in close to a dozen Liquor Stores and was very surprised only one store had the HH6BIB. Granted none of the stores were big enough to have any store picks either but surprised none the less. I thought everyone in KY carried this one. 

• I like it 1

On 8/4/2017 at 7:32 AM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

My recent trip to KY I stopped in close to a dozen Liquor Stores and was very surprised only one store had the HH6BIB. Granted none of the stores were big enough to have any store picks either but surprised none the less. I thought everyone in KY carried this one. 

I'd say more stores do NOT carry it than DO carry it. Seems the big stores all have it (a few didnt until recently), and some of the smaller chains have it. most of the smaller independent stores do not

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

Did the bourbon trail last week for the first time.  

One of my goals in visiting KY was to secure a few bottles of HHBIB6.  It's great, especially for the price.  I tried the fridge thing too and that's fantastic on a hot night!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.