Bragging bottle pics!!!

BOURBONPOOR
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, I found this rare bottle[emoji3] in the back of the cabinet and thought maybe a few of the veterans above could help me identify it.  I'm willing to send samples if interested.   
IMG_0939.thumb.JPG.3af3fac94784151c129cacac17a39572.JPG

1371d63a0c514b1400c81545c187a6ed.jpg

Just want to see what others have managed to get their hands on, so here's mine.....now show me yours!
IMG_0932.thumb.JPG.6e89370fe77ac9ecaf6f62c74e30e392.JPG

Is that Old Scout Rye that good? Do you prefer the WLW or the GTS?

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Is that Old Scout Rye that good? Do you prefer the WLW or the GTS?

Yes, the old scout rye is that good. It is actually the best rye that I've had the pleasure of drinking and old scout also has a 9 and 10 year rye that I have not been able to get. It seems I love all the ryes that have at least a 95% rye mashbill  Between WLW and GTS, I'd have to say the Weller is  simply the best wheated bourbon I've ever tasted. I've drank cases of these already, but these are my last three bottles left and it just feels like a sin to drink them since I can't get them anymore

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BOURBONPOOR said:

Hey, I found this rare bottle:D in the back of the cabinet and thought maybe a few of the veterans above could help me identify it.  I'm willing to send samples if interested.   

IMG_0939.JPG

Prepare to receive a call from Diageo's Legal's Trademark Infringement Division, buster...  :P

Hmmm, funny color vodka. Must be the three year old. 

image.jpg

5 hours ago, BOURBONPOOR said:

Hey, I found this rare bottle:D in the back of the cabinet and thought maybe a few of the veterans above could help me identify it.  I'm willing to send samples if interested.   

IMG_0939.JPG

This is the best post so far :lol: 

all in good fun B)

If I were bragging, I'd have to show you my empties.;)

BTW, I do love me some of that Blow Me!:lol:

• I like it 1

If I were bragging, I'd have to show you my empties.[emoji6]

BTW, I do love me some of that Blow Me!:lol:

Original poster he does bring up a good point bragging is the cases of empties.
  • I like it 1

Yes, the old scout rye is that good. It is actually the best rye that I've had the pleasure of drinking and old scout also has a 9 and 10 year rye that I have not been able to get. It seems I love all the ryes that have at least a 95% rye mashbill  Between WLW and GTS, I'd have to say the Weller is  simply the best wheated bourbon I've ever tasted. I've drank cases of these already, but these are my last three bottles left and it just feels like a sin to drink them since I can't get them anymore

I might be imagining things but I believe I passed on a whole shelf of OS Rye about 6 months back. Oh well.

Can't imagine going cases of BTAC must of been nice.
  • I like it 1

Jeez Louise, this thread is hilarious!  I guess it's good that we can poke a little fun at our own obsessions, huh?

(BTW, does anyone have a lead on how I can get some of that red-cap Elmers???)

17 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

image.jpg

Where did you find that sweet "dusty" on the left?

Craft Bond?

Was that a KBD bottling?

I wish!!!!!  Unfortunately, this is just the 2015 Ariel the Mermaid LE.  I've heard the 2017 blows it away.  Not as heavy on that briny note.  The '15 is still good juice, though...
By the way, can anybody point me in the direction on how to decipher AquaBall cap codes?  I can figure out the "Best By" info, but not the info above that...
image.thumb.jpg.fad71512ec44d0c9531969605d670776.jpg
image.thumb.jpg.139d277af7ae54b89499b60519828ec9.jpg

Not sure how many people use Tapatalk to access SB. In Tapatalk there's advertising based on your interests. I know for AquaBall.
  • I like it 1

On 7/7/2017 at 8:32 AM, smokinjoe said:

I wish!!!!!  Unfortunately, this is just the 2015 Ariel the Mermaid LE.  I've heard the 2017 blows it away.  Not as heavy on that briny note.  The '15 is still good juice, though...

By the way, can anybody point me in the direction on how to decipher AquaBall cap codes?  I can figure out the "Best By" info, but not the info above that...

image.jpg

image.jpg

SCOOOOORRRRRRRE!  Finally, the  highly regarded (Fred Minnick scored it a 98/100 in his new book, "Juice Curious") 2017 LE "Rapunzel" aquaball has landed in the ATL!!  Picked up one to drink and one for the stash.  Always magnanimous, I left a couple on the shelf for you fellow SBers.  Can't wait to pop this bad boy later to see if the hype is warranted!!!  Of course in another show of my magnanimity, I'll wait to open with good friends to share it with!!  

IMG_3686.JPG

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

SCOOOOORRRRRRRE!  Finally, the  highly regarded (Fred Minnick scored it a 98/100 in his new book, "Juice Curious") 2017 LE "Rapunzel" aquaball has landed in the ATL!!  Picked up one to drink and one for the stash.  Always magnanimous, I left a couple on the shelf for you fellow SBers.  Can't wait to pop this bad boy later to see if the hype is warranted!!!  Of course in another show of my magnanimity, I'll wait to open with good friends to share it with!!  

IMG_3686.JPG

Dibs!!

Hey Joe, bring it to Bardstown in September. I'll bring my '16, and we can do a SBS!

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Hey Joe, bring it to Bardstown in September. I'll bring my '16, and we can do a SBS!

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Will do!  Still hoping to locate the 2014 Belle and 2016 Cinderella bottles to complete my collection, and we can do a vertical SBSBSBS!  Any leads out there?  FT/FS...... 

Will do!  Still hoping to locate the 2014 Belle and 2016 Cinderella bottles to complete my collection, and we can do a vertical SBSBSBS!  Any leads out there?  FT/FS...... 

I know a guy. Pm coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I keep talking to my favorite spots about the Elsa Anna limited that should be here any day. Super allocated but fingers crossed

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.