Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, I had some time over the long Thanksgiving weekend to take an inventory of my stash, and update my spread sheet. Since I had the time, I also decided to do some cleaning, rearranging, and take some new pics. Here's my stash for now.

#1. Glasses, shot glasses, and flasks

#2. Decanters. The only one that still has bourbon is the JB Bowling Pin

#3. Van Winkles

#4. BTAC

#5. A flock of Turkeys

#6. My Wellers

#7. A flight of Eagles

#8. Four Roses

#9. Old Forester and Old Fitz

#10. Miscellaneous 1

#11. Ryes

#12. Miscellaneous 2

#13. Maker's Mark

#14. Some dusties

#15. Miscellaneous 3

#16. Canadians

#17. My cabinet. This was before I added some recently acquired bottles and rearranged everything.

This is my stash with the exception of about a half a dozen oddball bottles that I have tucked away in my basement. I dunno, I think I may have to make some room for some more Weller, and ERSB. :rolleyes: Joe

Interesting to see that you have both the versions of WT 8 export Joe. What do you think about them and witch one do you prefer?

Leif

Interesting to see that you have both the versions of WT 8 export Joe. What do you think about them and witch one do you prefer?

Leif

You have a good eye I didn't notice the difference in the labels the first time. But only one of these bottles is open.

Leif

Very nice Joe. I don't know why I was thinking that you didn't have any WT. Glad to see you do. :).

Good show Joe, I especially like those 4 WTRR101. Happy to see they are still around.

Yes they are. Thanks again Will. They are in the "special" side of my cabinet. Gonna open one soon I think. Been getting the itch for some lately. Joe

Actually they are identical one liter bottles. Must have been the angle/lighting when I took the pic. I really like the WT 8 export. Lot's of flavors going on. Very nice balance of smoke, spices and sweetness. :yum: Joe

Sorry my mistake Joe. I did mistake the US 101 bottle for the current WT 8 we got here. I did miss that it didn’t have any 8 years statement.

Leif

You should also be able to find somewhere locally that sells Glencairn glasses -- ask your Chicago peeps to point you in the right direction. I would imagine Binny's would have 'em but I don't know -- I picked up 2 at Julio's last weekend for $5 apiece. I like the Glencairns for "tasting" -- especially in small amounts and snifters for big pours -- rocks glasses for big flavor profile or less expensive bourbons (OGD114, WT101, etc.).

I picked up a couple of these from Em today...should have them towards the end of the week...just in time for the weekend.

I picked up 4 from him and should have them toward the end of the week. They are also all over eBay. I checked with one seller about glass Glencairns but he did not have any, just the lead free crystal.

This is some of my mini collection. Most are from the 50-70s. The good thing about minis. Most are metal caps and no risk of cork taint.

post-5341-1448981625651_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816256736_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816256945_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816257152_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816257364_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816257595_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816257815_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816258058_thumb.jpg

post-5341-14489816258268_thumb.jpg

Very nice collection of minis. Ever felt like tasting some or don't want to ruin the collection??

This is some of my mini collection. Most are from the 50-70s. The good thing about minis. Most are metal caps and no risk of cork taint.

How's Old Joe taste? My grandfather used to work at Old Joe Distillery (now Four Roses). I picked up a couple unopened OJ minis on eBay, but not planning on opening them.

Well, it's a midget collection compared to others shown here...........Foto-EGU666U6.jpg

I see a couple in there that i wouldn't mind having on my bar! Nice work there. :cool:

Those Blantons represent one of the great injustices of the world... export-only versions that are available in Europe and also Japan, I think. I landed a Gold version a while back, but haven't yet acquired the Silver, Special Reserve, or Straight-From-Barrel varieties. Sigh.

Rx was available until 8 years ago.I have bought another one, unopened, 2 weeks ago. Blanton's do have several varieties that are only available in europe but guys, my list of bottles wanted (and not available overhere) is a bit longer than your list of wanted Blanton's. I'm working on it. Where there is a will there is a way.

I'm not sure but I think Blantons has (had) 10 different label variations. I've had the silver, gold and SFTB and in my opinion, better than original. I know it's the same product but the higher proof makes it a better pour. Here's the list of various proofs that have been released over the years:

Blanton’s original

Black 90 proof

Silver 98 proof

Cask varies in proof

Gold 103 proof

Burgundy 1998 93 proof

Private stock bottle 182 barrel 126, 93 proof

Single barrel 93 proof

Green 80 proof

Super gold 103 proof

Nice collection Christian I love all the different looks of the bottles and on top of that the great liquid inside of them.

This bottle of King Ranch(Bottled in Bond) was was made in the fall 1951 and bottled in the spring of 1964...... Stored in a box in a cool, dark basement and I opened it

in the fall of 2005.... WOW I have not had one like this yet, although some are close....like the Weller Centenial 12yo.

I'm told Old Farmers Distillary is where Abe Lincolns father worked and abe used to visit......

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!