Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As Bruce pointed out, the last thread was getting pretty long in the tooth. Time for a new one! My office "entertainment" center:

jbstash.jpg

Nice collection but most of your bottles appear to be open. What do you think.........bourbon is meant to be drank?  Are you crazy?  On a more serious note how is the Lost Republic?

Does everyone have a Willet Pot Still with about two pours out of it?? I know I do!

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

Does everyone have a Willet Pot Still with about two pours out of it?? I know I do!

Ha. I did for the longest time. Could not get behind the Pot Still at all. Took it down to a Guys football weekend in Auburn a year and a half ago and let some of my more novice friends mix their Coke with it. 

20 minutes ago, Tennesseetiger8 said:

Ha. I did for the longest time. Could not get behind the Pot Still at all. Took it down to a Guys football weekend in Auburn a year and a half ago and let some of my more novice friends mix their Coke with it. 

I don't mind Pot Still. Kinda reminds me of Woodford Reserve. Nothing particularly great about it but nothing particularly bad either. I currently have an unopened 1.75l of it that I got as a gift because my wife thought it was a cool bottle. Recently finished a regular sized bottle and thought it was a fine serviceable bourbon.

Exactly... nothing necessarily wrong with it... there's just always something on the shelf that is more interesting. 

The pot still bottle while beautiful is a shelf space killer (along with the actual bourbon being just ok)

Ya know, I find the Willett pot still to be generally just OK...But, just looking at the bottle makes me smile.   

4 hours ago, tsangster said:

Accounting for all 'friends' after the recent move

IMG_0795.JPG

That's a very nice group you have there. Am I crazy, or is there a bottle of Everclear trying to peak through on the left side?

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't mind Pot Still. Kinda reminds me of Woodford Reserve. Nothing particularly great about it but nothing particularly bad either. I currently have an unopened 1.75l of it that I got as a gift because my wife thought it was a cool bottle. Recently finished a regular sized bottle and thought it was a fine serviceable bourbon.

I probably need to give it another try at a bar or friends house. The ole palate has come a long way since my first Pot Still purchase. 

6 hours ago, JTaylor said:

TWO pours?  What, one wasn't enough, or were you punking somebody?

59 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

That's a very nice group you have there. Am I crazy, or is there a bottle of Everclear trying to peak through on the left side?

Not crazy.  Everclear it is.  Purchased it to clean/season smoking pipes then kinda gave up the smoking pipes.  Need to re-purpose the Everclear.

6 minutes ago, tsangster said:

Not crazy.  Everclear it is.  Purchased it to clean/season smoking pipes then kinda gave up the smoking pipes.  Need to re-purpose the Everclear.

Hey Tom!  Nice collection!  I recognize many of those bottles.  :D  If you at all care for it, Everclear is a good base for making homemade Lemoncello.

Ooooh, OCPRSS, WT split labels, and WTRR 10 yr 101's!  Dayum !  

Thanks Joe.  I think, with the exception of 4R OESO, the GBS is fully represented.  That Lemoncello sounds interesting.  You have a recipe you want to share?

On 7/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, jbutler said:

As Bruce pointed out, the last thread was getting pretty long in the tooth. Time for a new one! My office "entertainment" center:

jbstash.jpg

Very nice! That photo exemplifies "entertainment center!"

On 7/6/2017 at 9:33 PM, jbutler said:

jbstash.jpg

I hope you got some bourbon as old as your stereo equipment. ;)

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Unfortunately, I do not! My dad bought the McIntosh gear on my birthday in 1969 (not for me!) so it has some real sentimental value.

1 hour ago, jbutler said:

Unfortunately, I do not! My dad bought the McIntosh gear on my birthday in 1969 (not for me!) so it has some real sentimental value.

Ah, so you're just a kid. :P

Edited by DCFan

1 hour ago, jbutler said:

I like  how two of the three heaven hill bib' s are open in that picture

1 minute ago, bourbon4all said:

I like  how two of the three heaven hill bib' s are open in that picture

Only two, and I'm not certain how that happened. Most likely story is that I got loaded and couldn't find the open one!

On 7/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

On a more serious note how is the Lost Republic?

I'm not terribly thrilled by it. It's MGP distillate, and has no property to distinguish it other than the neato label.

8 hours ago, DCFan said:

The Boss confided to me once that Abba's classic song "Dancing Queen" sounds best on his reel-to-reel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.