Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post.   I've been a bourbon drinker on and off since college (graduated in 2001 from Ole Miss).  Up until about 3 months ago I tried to keep about 3-4 bottles of a mix of four roses, buffalo trace,  knob creek and other basic drinkers.   Well I got to know a neighbor who is a huge vintage collector and, after trying a bunch of stuff I didn't even know existed, I found a new appreciation for the brown liquor.  I have since lived and breathed bourbon day-in-day-out.  I have become obsessed with trying new stuff, meeting as many LS owners as possible and buying everything I can get my hands on at a decent price within a 150 mile radius.  I've amassed a fair amount since September.  My wife thinks I've gone bat-shit crazy, but she likes manhattans and old fashions, and has come to appreciate the medicinal qualities of a nip of good bourbon to get her through a recent cold.   Unfortunately, our dining room is now unusable.   I guess I'm going to have to get some built-in cabinets installed in another room to house this stuff so that we will have a place to eat.

Anyway, I've been lurking here since September and learning a lot.  Who knew mixing WSR and OGD114 3 to 2 would produce such a delicious product?!  Anyway, nice to meet all yall.
Stash1.thumb.jpg.5b9d47c147b9783c9466a62801c59b27.jpg

Welcome to the forum! That's a very nice stash. I'm also an Ole Miss grad, but a bit before you...class of '87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tom G said:

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post.   I've been a bourbon drinker on and off since college (graduated in 2001 from Ole Miss).  Up until about 3 months ago I tried to keep about 3-4 bottles of a mix of four roses, buffalo trace,  knob creek and other basic drinkers.   Well I got to know a neighbor who is a huge vintage collector and, after trying a bunch of stuff I didn't even know existed, I found a new appreciation for the brown liquor.  I have since lived and breathed bourbon day-in-day-out.  I have become obsessed with trying new stuff, meeting as many LS owners as possible and buying everything I can get my hands on at a decent price within a 150 mile radius.  I've amassed a fair amount since September.  My wife thinks I've gone bat-shit crazy, but she likes manhattans and old fashions, and has come to appreciate the medicinal qualities of a nip of good bourbon to get her through a recent cold.   Unfortunately, our dining room is now unusable.   I guess I'm going to have to get some built-in cabinets installed in another room to house this stuff so that we will have a place to eat.

Anyway, I've been lurking here since September and learning a lot.  Who knew mixing WSR and OGD114 3 to 2 would produce such a delicious product?!  Anyway, nice to meet all yall.

Stash1.jpg

Oh, there's no thinking about it.  You have definitely gone bat-shit crazy.  We know that for a fact since we're all the same way. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Welcome to the forum! That's a very nice stash. I'm also an Ole Miss grad, but a bit before you...class of '87.

How on earth do I ever get my hands on Handy, GTS, or RVW, or Weller Antique? I live in FL and have never come across any of them.... :'(

• I like it 1

How on earth do I ever get my hands on Handy, GTS, or RVW, or Weller Antique? I live in FL and have never come across any of them.... :'(

In the current craze, you'll likely never "come across" the first three unless they are grossly over priced. You have to build relationships or join store clubs to get access to those unless you are in a control state that runs lotteries. Some stores in some non-control states also do lotteries, but I see that less than the relationship and club programs.

OWA can be found, but you have to catch it when it gets distributed in your area and act quickly. Of course every state is different...some states seem to get better allocations of Weller than others. The good news is that it should become more available in a few years given the large increases in production that started at BT a few years ago.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Tom G said:

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post. 

Stash1.jpg

Welcome Tom. Beautiful bunker. 

This is how you announce yourself to a message board and something I can get behind.

now thirsty.

Huzzah

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Very nice stash... You've got some good stuff there. Now the bug hits to buy multiples of SBs and Store Picks that you like and before you know it you need extra cabinet space, then an extra room!

Is that a wax-dipped Noah's Mill back there in the corner? The older Noah's Mill was one of my favorites, not so much nowadays...

It is, and its really tasty. The store pick thing has already hit :/  the eagle rares are 11 1/2 year store picks, the litres of OWA are store picks, theres a 12 year EC pick and 12 year 4 roses pick OBSF on the way as well. 

13 hours ago, Tom G said:

Good morning everyone!

Stash1.jpg

that's one hell of a start.  You've got  some great bottles in there.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, RManjura said:

Welcome a to the site RM. 

Your post brought back a good memory and made me laugh. I live in Illinois, (decent bourbon selection but taxes suck) but I bought my very first bottle of Pappy/ORVW in Florida back in 2011. :D An ORVW  10/107. I specified because back then, they also had a 10/90.

Cheers! Joe

ORVW.jpeg

F4EA3EC3-1FE3-46EC-AEE5-F7325DC7F6CB.thumb.jpeg.7f97242c410da8a5c4d092d1b85ec8a7.jpegI was rearranging my shelf, so I thought I’d get a shot of everything together for this thread. Nowhere near some of the other gems on here, but it’s coming along!

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

F4EA3EC3-1FE3-46EC-AEE5-F7325DC7F6CB.thumb.jpeg.7f97242c410da8a5c4d092d1b85ec8a7.jpegI was rearranging my shelf, so I thought I’d get a shot of everything together for this thread. Nowhere near some of the other gems on here, but it’s coming along!

Nice, Love the Blanton's Gold hiding among the more obvious gems! Excellent bar to invite the bourbonista to sample from.

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Nice, Love the Blanton's Gold hiding among the more obvious gems! Excellent bar to invite the bourbonista to sample from.

I haven't had any bourbonistas sample my stash. Pretty much everyone who has seen my stash (in person) has no idea what 99% of the bottles are. We forget that most people out there wouldn't know a WLW from a WSR or a4RSmB from a FRSmBLE. I took a bottle of OWA to a wake a few months ago and NO one there had ever even heard of it. 

• I like it 3

50 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Thanks. Yeah, I’d like to fill in that section with more #2 mashbill. A couple of the regular ones are store picks.

I moved into a house with a built in bar.  Love that!  

Careful when you put it all in one place, your wife starts to "recognize" your problem more:}

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Youve more than made up for the lack of quantity with quality here, a lot of great stuff!

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Quality over quantity -  Looks good

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

My humble beginnings... this alone should last me a lifetime. 

enhance

OC8 & OGDBIB orange label....not everyone can get those anymore.

45 minutes ago, Bbstout said:

OC8 & OGDBIB orange label....not everyone can get those anymore.

First.. thanks to jfletchgu SB.com member for letting me know where to get the OC8! This site is a great resource and as soneone stated earlier, there seem to be no trolls. I talked to a lady who had another OC8 and she said she just recently got a case of them with the age statement and she doesnt know why. Old inventory? I dont know... ive seen a few more around middle TN and in newer stores so I wonder what the story is. I also am headed home to my parents next week and will be curious to see if the store that had the ogd orange still has them in stock. They had about ten in early october. I wish we had a way to get bottles to other sb members.. maybe an opportunity for someone..i nominate Gee ten!

Edited by Jfletchgu
Started a new topic so I didnt hijack the thread

On 11/9/2017 at 11:08 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Wife opened the cabinet under the sink in the man cave and saw this. It was an exciting discussion after that ..... that ended with....”don’t u also have two boxes on top of the fridge and three boxes of bourbon at your brothers house”..... I️ remained silent, I️ have almost 4 at my brothers house !!

2213844df91897a8b96d2531ac9694dd.jpg

Love the closet stash of Founder’s to accompany the other good stuff.

On 11/18/2017 at 10:11 AM, VWIndy said:

I moved into a house with a built in bar.  Love that!  

Careful when you put it all in one place, your wife starts to "recognize" your problem more:}

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

Nice collection. Is the small weller an age stated?

• I like it 1

I now see what you are looking at.  It is a pint of the weller with an age statement of 7 years on the back label from the 70's.

VWIndy

4 hours ago, VWIndy said:

I now see what you are looking at.  It is a pint of the weller with an age statement of 7 years on the back label from the 70's.

VWIndy

I found/have a stash of this and it is delicous 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.