Welcome to Straightbourbon.com™

Straightbourbon.com is the internet's foremost source of curated bourbon discussion. A free membership gets you access to additional forums, real time chat, our private messaging system, half a million posts, and thousands of fellow enthusiasts. Join today, and become part of a vibrant community dedicated to America's whiskey.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
birdie

Eagle Rare Single Barrel on bottle

Was visiting my family in the UK last week and a liqour store near my brother's house had Eagle Rare with the 10yr age band at the top of the bottle and Single Barrel on the bottle. Here in the US both those things have gone from the bottle, these were about roughly $60 a bottle, is it different juice to what we get here, I know it changed because they could not guarantee it was single barrel because of the way it is now produced. So are these from when they did actually come from a single barrel, obviously trying to figure out if I go tell my brother to grab a couple for me.

Speculation, but probably just an older distribution that pre-dated the label change. 

IMO, the profile didn't change a bit when they did the re-label a couple of years ago, or so...

Still 10 years old here in the States. I agree with Paddy - I haven't noticed a profile change. I wouldn't pay $60 for those.

All ours says 10 years on the back label.

I wouldn't spend then money..... Find something that you can't get here. 

I wouldn't spend then money..... Find something that you can't get here. 

+1 Get a Blanton's SFTB or Gold, WT 8yr or some type of export only and get a ER10 barrel select when you get home.

Great advice, thank you, they had Blantons SFTB and Gold three wide and six deep, makes no sense.

^your post above is an end of thread post. Get some SFTB and Gold and pass on the ER10.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

^your post above is an end of thread post. Get some SFTB and Gold and pass on the ER10.

Excuse me?  <_<

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Excuse me?  <_<

You are excused.:rolleyes:

You are excused.:rolleyes: