New Early Times BIB bourbon

Jfletchgu
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone seen this in the stores yet or tried it. It was supposed to be released sometime in July. If so what are your thoughts. Also if you know of a location near the Tennessee / Kentucky line that has it and could point me in the direction it would be appreciated.

I saw it a couple of weeks back in Bowling Green at Chucks. Wasn't interested so I didn't look closely at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has hit the shelves here in Oregon.  The online inventory shows that not that many stores are carrying it but some that are have a large inventory.  I picked up a couple bottles but haven't yet opened one.  I'm trying to work down other open bottles first.  But if no one else reports back soon on it, I'll do the dirty work on this one. :)

If it comes to Massachusetts, I'll try it. Early Times was the missing link whisky that transitioned me from blended swill to straight bourbon, so I have a soft spot for the brand. 

I'm actually excited to try this. ET 354 was such a missed opportunity. I hope they got it right this time. Haven't seen it own shelves yet but I have been looking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Journeyman said:

It has hit the shelves here in Oregon.  The online inventory shows that not that many stores are carrying it but some that are have a large inventory.  I picked up a couple bottles but haven't yet opened one.  I'm trying to work down other open bottles first.  But if no one else reports back soon on it, I'll do the dirty work on this one. :)

I too would be interested in your review.

I opened up a bottle of Early Times BiB last night.  It reminds me a lot of Evan Williams White Label BiB, maybe with a bit more richness and vanilla aroma and taste.  I like EW BiB, so I also enjoyed this one.  But I can get EW BiB for less than the Early Times BiB, so I don't think I'd go out of my way to keep the ET around. 

In Michigan, the pricing on the 1L bottle of ETBIB puts it in spitting distance of EWBIB (and just a little less). I think I'll need to give it a ride

On 8/6/2017 at 3:27 PM, PaulO said:

Hey Indy area people, anyone seeing this?

I haven't run across it anywhere yet.

I finally picked up a bottle yesterday. Liking it so far, especially for the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Binny's is not showing it on their website yet. If it makes it here, I'd grab a few bottles; for what it is and at its price point, it's probably a stellar house/well/table whiskey. 

I bought a bottle of this in Grand Rapids, MI on Saturday, but I had to have the store order it. Apparently it's available for stores in Michigan, but most stores haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

I stopped at a few places in Northern KY (DEPs, TPS, Cork and Bottle) today and didn't see any of it on the shelves, but I've read it is available in N. KY. I haven't tried it yet, but it's hard to go wrong with a BIB that's only $23/1L.

3 hours ago, silverc said:

I stopped at a few places in Northern KY (DEPs, TPS, Cork and Bottle) today and didn't see any of it on the shelves, but I've read it is available in N. KY. I haven't tried it yet, but it's hard to go wrong with a BIB that's only $23/1L.

Wow, that must have went fast.  Both Cork And Bottle and TPS had a ton of it when I was there on Wednesday. 

On July 24, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Journeyman said:

On July 25, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Josh said:

I'm actually excited to try this. ET 354 was such a missed opportunity. I hope they got it right this time. Haven't seen it own shelves yet but I have been looking.

Aw c'mon J. Take one for the team. ;) Next to wheaters, I love me some BIB's. Like Josh, I'm excited to try this too. As long as the price point isn't ridiculous, I'm in for at least one bottle.

Cheers! Joe

They have a good amount here locally but I haven't tried it yet. I've got so many bottles open unless I can get a taste of it or someone here says it's the bomb I'll probably wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Early Times will always hold a place in my heart.  Helped me get to second base when I was a wee lad.

6 minutes ago, berto said:

Early Times will always hold a place in my heart.  Helped me get to second base when I was a wee lad.

Berto, my MAN!   :lol:

6 hours ago, berto said:

This is one of the best posts ever.

On August 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM, berto said:

18 hours ago, flahute said:

This is one of the best posts ever.

I agree Steve. Cheers to ya' Berto!

After reading upstream, I picked up a bottle of this today.  Hoping it'll get me to second base:lol:!

On 8/26/2017 at 5:23 PM, Josh said:

I've had it. It's good.

Any similarity to other BF bottles?

4 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Any similarity to other BF bottles?

Yep, I don't taste any pot still influence, but it's got the family DNA stamped all over it.  Not much to compliment on the nose, a moderate/pretty silky smooth mouthfeel, with a decent medium longish finish.  I also detect a hint of the bit-o-minty freshness on the tongue, which, to me, is reminiscent of the profile on the 1920.

In comparison, I don't find that much similarity to the HH BIB's, as I find this less grainy/corn forward with a completely different yeast DNA profile.  As to other BIB's, I find this less fruity sweet than Barton, and older tasting (as well as much more interesting) than the current Willett OBBIB. At 100 proof, it's closer to OF Sig than any of the other BIB's I didn't bother to bring up, but what'd I expect with a distillate that's proclaimed as an all B-F column stilled iteration?:lol:  Having said that, I like this better than the most recent OF Sig I had the pleasure to tango with, as I find this to have a bit more going on in the complexity  department.

So, my take is that this is a younger, less refined relative of the 1920 (with a nice licorice kick on the end of your briches:P)!   

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

Hoping it'll get me to second base:lol:!

We are all rooting for you!

Need details as they arise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.