Opinions of Whynter Humidor

BDanner
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been contemplating my best option for a Humidor. I've set up 3 small tupperdors, but am ready to get something a little nicer. I've researched humidors, but am looking for the most trouble free option. The Whynter 1.5 cu ft can be purchased for just over $200, and controls temperature as well as humidity. Anyone have any experience with one?

I've been contemplating my best option for a Humidor. I've set up 3 small tupperdors, but am ready to get something a little nicer. I've researched humidors, but am looking for the most trouble free option. The Whynter 1.5 cu ft can be purchased for just over $200, and controls temperature as well as humidity. Anyone have any experience with one?

No experience with that one but search Facebook for wineador. There's a guy making the inserts for the wine coolers there who does fantastic work and has been doing it for years. The only issue I've seen with any of these is the wine coolers aren't all that reliable and don't seem to last a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On August 1, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Hop said:

No experience with that one but search Facebook for wineador. There's a guy making the inserts for the wine coolers there who does fantastic work and has been doing it for years. The only issue I've seen with any of these is the wine coolers aren't all that reliable and don't seem to last a long time.

Thanks!

I have two New Air 281Es. They are fantastic and I highly recommend them. The first one I bought off of Amazon but the second one I picked up at http://www.air-n-water.com. They have a scratch and dent section which has great deals and if you keep an eye on it they will get some good stuff in there. I can't tell where the scratch or dent on mine is. If you sign up for their mailing list you can get another 20% off. Mine was $154 shipped. 

On 8/7/2017 at 9:07 PM, NightCru said:

I have two New Air 281Es. They are fantastic and I highly recommend them. The first one I bought off of Amazon but the second one I picked up at http://www.air-n-water.com. They have a scratch and dent section which has great deals and if you keep an eye on it they will get some good stuff in there. I can't tell where the scratch or dent on mine is. If you sign up for their mailing list you can get another 20% off. Mine was $154 shipped. 

Thanks for the heads up. Great site! I'm currently debating between a CC-100 ($135 S&D) and the CC-300 ($232 S&D). 

24 minutes ago, BDanner said:

Thanks for the heads up. Great site! I'm currently debating between a CC-100 ($135 S&D) and the CC-300 ($232 S&D). 

My recommendation is to always go with the bigger one.  These fill up fast, you may think the small one will be enough but once you get it set up it will fill up fast and you will be wishing you went with the bigger one.  I say this as someone who did go with the bigger one and still ended up with a second for overflow! :lol:

The pre-made CC100 and CC300 really are a good deal.  For the first one I bought I ordered a set of drawers from Forrest (that's probably who Hop was referencing), the drawers are fantastic but I probably ended up spending double what I would have had I just ordered the CC300.

Good luck with your decision, I'm sure whichever way you go you will be happy.

Definitely go with the bigger. I went from desktop to multiples to wineador to end table cabinet plus 3 huge coolers to Aristrocat cabinet custom built

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.