Describe your bourbon with one word.

Jfletchgu
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Big Level = WTH!!!

Exactly. Horrible stuff. I'm getting through it by only using it in cocktails.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Big Level = WTH!!!

Yup - using the last of my one and only bottle to cure a sore throat.  8-)

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Mako254 said:

TT,

what dickel expression? I liked Dickel 12 and the ‘small batch’. Dickel 8 was un drinkable. Be curious to try their juice at cask strength. 

GD12, just can't drink it anymore.  Never tried the GD8.  Single barrel GD now is a different story.  Still have a case in the bunker.

57 minutes ago, TunnelTiger said:

GD12, just can't drink it anymore.  Never tried the GD8.  Single barrel GD now is a different story.  Still have a case in the bunker.

I’ve found that many of the sub 100 proofers I used to enjoy are kind of lacking now that I’m so far down the Russells and Roses rabbit hole. 

What are you reaching for these days?

EHTBP - Butter

ECBP -  Amazing

1792 FPSP - Caramel

Barrel  - Proof

Proof - Barrel 

Proof Wh*r* me?

On 8/23/2018 at 11:48 PM, flahute said:

Exactly. Horrible stuff. I'm getting through it by only using it in cocktails.

I must be the only person that likes it. I'm not saying it's great but I like the uniqueness of it. I like the shortbread cookie taste. It does have a lot of young grain notes but I think it shows a lot of promise. It has a decent coating feeling to it.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I must be the only person that likes it. I'm not saying it's great but I like the uniqueness of it. I like the shortbread cookie taste. It does have a lot of young grain notes but I think it shows a lot of promise. It has a decent coating feeling to it.

After seeing your review and getting some notes similar to yours, I really tried to like it and went back a couple times. I just couldn't get into it. The young grains as you more experience guys refer, just roughed me up.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:15 AM, Clueby said:

We had different batches so it's possible yours is better. I was hoping for better though. I get that they need to release product and make money but wow, if it's as bad as this they've lost me as a customer. I will take no more chances with their product.

Back to the one word challenge:

Overpriced

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.