New Book: The Spirits of America

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For the serious student of beverage alcohol in America, I point to the following book, The Spirits of America , which I cannot recommend because I haven't read it.

I happened to see a review in National Review magazine, 12/31/2003. The review contained just enough in the way of interesting quotes to catch my attention, but not enough to make me order the book.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I know nothing about this particular book, but I share and admire your selection of periodicals -- National Review was the magazine that finally weaned me permanently from my youthful, liberal-leaning politics.

Dave, I saw a review of this book in the last issue of All About Beer (excellent, long-established consumer magazine on the beer scene, see www.allaboutbeer.com for more info). Overall the report was very favorable.

Gary

To round out the picture, my other staples for information and commentary are Reason and The Wall Street Journal. The Economist (heavily laden with factual information, even if left-leaning) was in my stable at one time, but it just takes too long to wade through it.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.