The best bourbon cookies ever

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My awesome wife is not a bourbon drinker and yet she exhibits a great deal of tolerance and patience for my bourbon nerdery.

My birthday was this past Tuesday and it was a bit of a milestone - the big 5-0. So my wife got a hold of a very talented friend of ours in the Detroit area who has a cake and cookie baking business and had her make these custom bourbon themed cookies. If you are wondering why there's two cat cookies, those are our cats. The one with the white socks is named Larue. The other is Willett. Yep.......our girl cats have bourbon names.

IMG_0570.JPG

Those cookies are great! Happy Birthday Steve...and welcome to the 50s club!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are pretty cool, especially the ETL one. As others have said welcome to 50. mine was a few months back. 

The cookie maker did a very good job! Happy Birthday!

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by Louisiana

Nice cookies.  Happy 50th, btw.

My wife is all about the food names for our cats, but I could never get away with naming them after whiskey.  :)

Reminds me of the last time I took the Willett tour and while waiting for it to begin, Rowan came up, jumped in my lap and fell asleep.

I ended up carrying that cat through most of the tour, purring on my shoulder, like a boss.

Everyone else was quite amused, along with the tour guide.

I still didn't get a bottle.... swear they hide all the family estate single barrels every time my car pulls up. :huh:

Edited by 0895

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Nice cookies.  Happy 50th, btw.

My wife is all about the food names for our cats, but I could never get away with naming them after whiskey.  :)

Reminds me of the last time I took the Willett tour and while waiting for it to begin, Rowan came up, jumped in my lap and fell asleep.

I ended up carrying that cat through most of the tour, purring on my shoulder, like a boss.

Everyone else was quite amused, along with the tour guide.

I still didn't get a bottle.... swear they hide all the family estate single barrels every time my car pulls up. :huh:

hahaha! That's awesome. Rowan and Noah are the best.

Sorry about the WFE strikeouts. I've managed to get pretty lucky on my visits.

Just now, mosugoji64 said:

Amazing cookies! Happy belated birthday, Steve! Hope you had a great time!

Ditto! You old fart. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Late to this party, Steve; but Happy belated B'day my friend. 

Hope it was great, and BOY your wife really did some job getting all those cookies from all the way in Deeeetroit.     ...Not to mention the job done by the unnamed baker on the cookies themselves!

Here's a word or two of condolence upon hitting the milestone buddy...  50!? :o Jeeeeeez; That's Farging OLD!!!!! :lol:  Heeee-Heeee!

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Late to this party, Steve; but Happy belated B'day my friend. 

Hope it was great, and BOY your wife really did some job getting all those cookies from all the way in Deeeetroit.     ...Not to mention the job done by the unnamed baker on the cookies themselves!

Here's a word or two of condolence upon hitting the milestone buddy...  50!? :o Jeeeeeez; That's Farging OLD!!!!! :lol:  Heeee-Heeee!

Haha! Thanks!...........(I think.....)

The unnamed baker is Kara Shall, a long time time friend of ours. Should you find yourself needing your own bourbon cookies or a cake, here is her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HenAndChickCakes/

Pretty impressive looking cookies! Can you even eat them if they are works of art???

Not that it would stop me...

Way late!! but hope you had a grand 50th celebration and welcome to yet another cult!! ,those cookies look awesome!!

Edited by kcgumbohead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.