What beer are you drinking? Summer 2017

meadeweber
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

is this different than the regular bottles of guiness?  or just a unique bottle to point out the anniversary

It is a completely different Guinness.  Supposedly, it is based on a historical recipe from 200 years ago.  I am going to pick up a few more.

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-beers/guinness-200th-anniversary-export-stout/

• I like it 1

50 minutes ago, Golzee said:

It is a completely different Guinness.  Supposedly, it is based on a historical recipe from 200 years ago.  I am going to pick up a few more.

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-beers/guinness-200th-anniversary-export-stout/

ooohhhh.  I am going to have to give it a taste then.  I do love the regular Guinness

3 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

is this different than the regular bottles of guiness?  or just a unique bottle to point out the anniversary

It is different from regular guiness. It isn't a nitro beer, so pours need to be more gentle to start (learned that the hard way), and you won't see my much loved cascade effect.

It has a pretty substantial head and has a lot of roasty dark malt flavors with a little hop bitterness, and light coffee and chocolate notes that come with a lot of stouts. Overall, it is a good stout.

I think I paid $8 for a 6 pack, and I think I enjoy it more than regular Guinness (which for me, being that Guinness is the first beer I actually enjoyed, is saying a little bit).

14 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

It is different from regular guiness. It isn't a nitro beer, so pours need to be more gentle to start (learned that the hard way), and you won't see my much loved cascade effect.

It has a pretty substantial head and has a lot of roasty dark malt flavors with a little hop bitterness, and light coffee and chocolate notes that come with a lot of stouts. Overall, it is a good stout.

I think I paid $8 for a 6 pack, and I think I enjoy it more than regular Guinness (which for me, being that Guinness is the first beer I actually enjoyed, is saying a little bit).

I am looking forward to trying this one.   as I really enjoy a regular Guinness.

• I like it 1

Round one:

IMG_1200.jpg

Back to Boston for Round two:

IMG_1201.jpg

These two are soooo different from each other.  Nose, color, taste, mouthfeel.  I would have guessed that I'd favor the Mosaic but this afternoon, I think the tie goes to the Citra.  The nose and creamy mouthfeel nose it ahead of the Trillium.  The freshness could also factor in as the OH was canned a few days ago and the Trillium is almost three weeks old.  But I generally find that I like Trillium better when it's sat for a couple of weeks.  Anyway, both terrific beers!

Edited by scratchline

^^^Thanks for the notes on this one Bnrhodes3.  I love a good stout, so I'll be looking for this one.

2nd that, I picked up a bottle of the Guinness 200th based off notes from Bnrhodes, look forward to trying it.
  • I like it 1

scratchline making me very jealous with his posts, would love to get my hands on these.

Received these 2nd hand as samples from a bourbon guy who works for the brewery.

Bullshark isn't really my style but the Blueberry Blonde is quite nice if your looking for something light and on the sweet side but still with a good ABV.

5be0f14cf5633f42699865a2ebc8b69a.jpg

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

2nd that, I picked up a bottle of the Guinness 200th based off notes from Bnrhodes, look forward to trying it.

I just poured my second bottle of it gently and this one didn't have the substantial head of the first one I poured a bit rougher (so thick I could practically eat it with a spoon). 

bbefa52eda10792b3e1dfd53dc90718a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a while since I had this. I'm a big St. Arnold fan but never really cared for this. They need to put Elissa in a can.

I just poured my second bottle of it gently and this one didn't have the substantial head of the first one I poured a bit rougher (so thick I could practically eat it with a spoon). 

Hmm I like that.
  • I like it 1

11 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Hmm I like that.

If you are saying you like the substantial head, give a little rougher pour (just not like a nitro lol). I just poured an Old Rasputin and gave it the same treatment - another good beer, but it was a bit more bitter than I like (I know russian imperial stouts can be bitter, but I'm not the biggest fan of higher IBUs for my stouts). 

If you are saying you like the substantial head, give a little rougher pour (just not like a nitro lol). I just poured an Old Rasputin and gave it the same treatment - another good beer, but it was a bit more bitter than I like (I know russian imperial stouts can be bitter, but I'm not the biggest fan of higher IBUs for my stouts). 

Was saying I like the thick stout. Old Rasputin that's a good one I haven't had forever.

• I like it 1

Throwing out more Sheetrock, running to Home Depot for paint, time for a beer and a little football.

I like this but I think there's some other stouts in this range I like more.

Cheers!

50c548415716c0d07ddfa1438ddee670.jpg

• I like it 1

Brooklyn Brewing's Improved Old Fashioned

It did kind of taste like an Old Fashioned.  Interesting beer.

This weekend is my bachelor party.  The great thing about getting engaged at 36 is I have no desire to bar hop. Instead we rented a large cabin on a nice lake. I’ve been going through my stash to find some bottles to share the first night (other days/nights I’ll be drinking Busch Light, BT, and WT101). So far I have these packed and ready. I may take more, as my beer consumption has greatly decreased since I really got into bourbon. 

The KBS are ‘11 and ‘17.

E58FDF74-0056-4A1D-93D4-8F156E2B8BB4.jpeg

92ED427D-67E6-4798-8D38-0851443A5431.jpeg

On 10/24/2017 at 4:20 PM, JCwhammie said:

This weekend is my bachelor party.  The great thing about getting engaged at 36 is I have no desire to bar hop. Instead we rented a large cabin on a nice lake. I’ve been going through my stash to find some bottles to share the first night (other days/nights I’ll be drinking Busch Light, BT, and WT101). So far I have these packed and ready. I may take more, as my beer consumption has greatly decreased since I really got into bourbon. 

The KBS are ‘11 and ‘17.

E58FDF74-0056-4A1D-93D4-8F156E2B8BB4.jpeg

92ED427D-67E6-4798-8D38-0851443A5431.jpeg

Sounds like a great time!  Have fun!

• I like it 1

just had a guinness 200th ann. pour.  I am a bit disappointed as I was hoping for it to take the normal guinness to the next level.  It is a completely different beer as someone else pointed out.  It is not bad, just not what I imagined or hoped it would be.  If you like stouts it is def. worth a try.

Holy crap the bourbon barrel aged Pumkinator is unbelievably good. No wonder this is considered the best pumpkin beer on the market.

d72e98df6920572c18175e8b3d835836.jpg

Drinking this saison from Brasserie Lebbe in southern France, imported by the Calvados King Charles Neal. It’s a fairly peculiar saison...I’d say it’s somewhere between a saison and a kolsch. It also has a strong herbal flavor - thyme and some others - that I don’t usually pick up in beers. Pretty interesting stuff, not my favorite but worth a try. It’s also worth reading the description of the brewery on Charles Neal’s website: http://www.charlesnealselections.com/brasserie-lebbe.html

1e289e510f62bf4128387989a7cd61ab.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.