Sign in to follow this  
DCFan

Heaven Hill American Whiskey Tasting Experience

DCFan   
DCFan

The Va ABC has set up a placeholder on their website for what I assume is a new product from Heaven Hill:

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/heaven-hill-american-whiskey-tasting-experience#/product?productSize=0

I don't know if they've offered a Heaven Hill product before but I'm curious if anyone has heard about this and if it's worth the $49.99 (500 ml).

JoeTerp   
JoeTerp

They have a lot of Heaven Hill products (under the Elijah Craig label).  I saw this the other day and was curious as to what it actually is.  

BourbonDude   
BourbonDude
7 hours ago, DCFan said:

The Va ABC has set up a placeholder on their website for what I assume is a new product from Heaven Hill:

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/heaven-hill-american-whiskey-tasting-experience#/product?productSize=0

I don't know if they've offered a Heaven Hill product before but I'm curious if anyone has heard about this and if it's worth the $49.99 (500 ml).

Jeez, can they pick a sillier name.

kevinbrink   
kevinbrink

I'm going to guess this is (if 500ml is correct) 5 100 mls or 10 50 mls, no reason for that other than it would seem to make sense, either way interested to see what this turns out being.

JoeTerp   
JoeTerp
18 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm going to guess this is (if 500ml is correct) 5 100 mls or 10 50 mls, no reason for that other than it would seem to make sense, either way interested to see what this turns out being.

It's probably 5 100's similar to what Jefferson did with their wood experiment release (although those were in 200's I think). 

DCFan   
DCFan

The website says 500 ml container for $49.99 so there's nothing left for the imagination.

kevinbrink   
kevinbrink
6 hours ago, DCFan said:

I'll enter the lottery and let you know. ;)

Hope it's worth your while!

Kpiz   
Kpiz

I may be stating the obvious, but 500ml is not a valid/legal liquor bottle size in the US, so it would have to be multiple smaller bottles such as 5x100ml or 10x50ml as others have said. Will be interested to see what exactly the contents of those bottles are, though.

JoeTerp   
JoeTerp

Courtesy of the DCWhisky subreddit, this is a sampler consisting of 100 mL bottles of Bernheim, Larceny, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Small Batch, and Pikesville Rye.

So to answer the original question, this does not seem to be worth the $50.

BourbonDude   
BourbonDude
On 8/18/2017 at 4:36 AM, BourbonDude said:

Jeez, can they pick a sillier name.

Ahh, just read the last posts and found out it's a sampler. The name makes more sense now.