Heaven Hill American Whiskey Tasting Experience

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Va ABC has set up a placeholder on their website for what I assume is a new product from Heaven Hill:

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/heaven-hill-american-whiskey-tasting-experience#/product?productSize=0

I don't know if they've offered a Heaven Hill product before but I'm curious if anyone has heard about this and if it's worth the $49.99 (500 ml).

They have a lot of Heaven Hill products (under the Elijah Craig label).  I saw this the other day and was curious as to what it actually is.  

7 hours ago, DCFan said:

The Va ABC has set up a placeholder on their website for what I assume is a new product from Heaven Hill:

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/heaven-hill-american-whiskey-tasting-experience#/product?productSize=0

I don't know if they've offered a Heaven Hill product before but I'm curious if anyone has heard about this and if it's worth the $49.99 (500 ml).

Jeez, can they pick a sillier name.

I'm going to guess this is (if 500ml is correct) 5 100 mls or 10 50 mls, no reason for that other than it would seem to make sense, either way interested to see what this turns out being.

18 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm going to guess this is (if 500ml is correct) 5 100 mls or 10 50 mls, no reason for that other than it would seem to make sense, either way interested to see what this turns out being.

It's probably 5 100's similar to what Jefferson did with their wood experiment release (although those were in 200's I think). 

The website says 500 ml container for $49.99 so there's nothing left for the imagination.

6 hours ago, DCFan said:

I'll enter the lottery and let you know. ;)

Hope it's worth your while!

I may be stating the obvious, but 500ml is not a valid/legal liquor bottle size in the US, so it would have to be multiple smaller bottles such as 5x100ml or 10x50ml as others have said. Will be interested to see what exactly the contents of those bottles are, though.

Courtesy of the DCWhisky subreddit, this is a sampler consisting of 100 mL bottles of Bernheim, Larceny, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Small Batch, and Pikesville Rye.

So to answer the original question, this does not seem to be worth the $50.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:36 AM, BourbonDude said:

Jeez, can they pick a sillier name.

Ahh, just read the last posts and found out it's a sampler. The name makes more sense now.

• 1 month later...

Probably overpriced @ $50, but it looked like a whole lot of fun. :)

5 x 100ml glass tubes (basically two airplane bottles of each).

The box is nice heavy cardboard and the white tray feels like felt.

The little rubber O rings on the tubes keep them pressure fit in place.

The EW SB is the 2004 vintage (in mine at least).

The EC is NAS as expected.

Would make a really nice gift.

IMAG2425.jpg

Edited by 0895

Probably overpriced @ $50, but it looked like a whole lot of fun. [emoji4]

5 x 100ml glass tubes (basically two airplane bottles of each).
The box is nice heavy cardboard and the white tray feels like felt.
The little rubber O rings on the tubes keep them pressure fit in place.
The EW SB is the 2004 vintage (in mine at least).
The EC is NAS as expected.
Would make a really nice gift.
IMAG2425.thumb.jpg.ab1e6ad10c65d918639e07838435fde1.jpg

Thanks for the update and picture. Pretty interesting that they put a 2004 EWSB in there. Maybe they bottled those a few years ago? Seems unlikely that it was bottled as a 12-13yo barrel.

9 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Thanks for the update and picture. Pretty interesting that they put a 2004 EWSB in there. Maybe they bottled those a few years ago? Seems unlikely that it was bottled as a 12-13yo barrel.

I think they had some lying around.

The back of the box says: 7-8 yrs. old under the EWSB description.

Back of the box has brief descriptions of each product as well as this info below:

Bernheim Wheat, 90p, 7years old

Larceny, 92p, (no age mentioned)

EWSB vintage, 86.6p, 7-8 years old

Elijah Craig SmB, 94p, 8-12 years old

Pikesville Rye, 110p, 6 years old

(sorry, but I'm too lazy to take a pic of it).

I think they had some lying around.
The back of the box says: 7-8 yrs. old under the EWSB description.

Back of the box has brief descriptions of each product as well as this info below:
Bernheim Wheat, 90p, 7years old
Larceny, 92p, (no age mentioned)
EWSB vintage, 86.6p, 7-8 years old
Elijah Craig SmB, 94p, 8-12 years old
Pikesville Rye, 110p, 6 years old

(sorry, but I'm too lazy to take a pic of it).

That would be a cool gift idea if the price was more in line with the actual products in the sampler. I can understand paying a little premium for the unique, and probably costly packaging, but $50 is simply too high. I would probably be a buyer at around $35.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.