Step 1 - Admitting you have a problem . . . and it is being a Compass Box whore

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

26 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Yes, it is in my opinion. But only way you will know for sure is to try them. Maybe find a bar that has them to try first. If you like peat there is Peat Monster. If you like full body but no peat try Spice Tree.

Okay great, I'll look for those two in bars. I think one of my main issues with Hedonism was that it didn't resemble Scotch in any way to me, because it's a grain rather than a malt whiskey. So I expect their more traditional malt offerings will fair better.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, EarthQuake said:

Okay great, I'll look for those two in bars. I think one of my main issues with Hedonism was that it didn't resemble Scotch in any way to me, because it's a grain rather than a malt whiskey. So I expect their more traditional malt offerings will fair better.

If you want to try the core releases they do a sampler thing with Asyla, Hedonism, Spice Tree, Oak Cross and Peat Monster my local supermarket has had them for a while now for $25. It's a black Cigar Looking box with test tube looking 50ml's in it.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, kevinbrink said:

If you want to try the core releases they do a sampler thing with Asyla, Hedonism, Spice Tree, Oak Cross and Peat Monster my local supermarket has had them for a while now for $25. It's a black Cigar Looking box with test tube looking 50ml's in it.

Price and availability may vary by area but $25 is a pretty reasonable price for the sampler box. Is it on sale because I recall it being much more in my area when it first came out.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Price and availability may vary by area but $25 is a pretty reasonable price for the sampler box. Is it on sale because I recall it being much more in my area when it first came out.

I know it was $40 at Whole Foods, but the day it landed on the shelf at Shop Rite Liquors it was $25, could have just been a good deal from the distributor. This particular store just about always has some great deals, on Friday I grabbed the last two bottles of Ledaig 10 that they had on sale for $40. 

8 hours ago, gusto16 said:

Found a little store with a couple of these collecting dust...
b22130515840a412a8eeaf8e083db23c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice!  Glad you rescued it from the elements :D  Never tried that one (think that is the 5th anniversary from 2008).  

• I like it 1

Picked up a straggler 2015 Anniversary FH at a Binny's that usually doesn't have a good selection.  It had no tube, which was weird, probably found it in the back or something.  Nevertheless, it had to go home with me as it's one of my favorites.

Very nice!  Glad you rescued it from the elements [emoji3]  Never tried that one (think that is the 5th anniversary from 2008).  

You had to have tried it at my place. No way I drank that big ass bottle alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, BigRich said:

You had to have tried it at my place. No way I drank that big ass bottle alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you underestimate your super powers Rich ;)  I do remember a big ass Peat Monster, but thought that was the CS version (as if you couldn't possibly have two big ass PM bottles - DOH!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.