Join Me in a Toast

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would like to invite all SB members to join me in a toast.  We welcomed our first grandchild, John Harrison, into the world today at 2:17 pm.  Our daughter, her husband and our new grandson are doing fine.  My wife had a pour of ER, my son Booker's 2016-05 and I had my first pour of Booker's 2017-01.  I have a second bottle which, the Good Lord willing, my grandson and I will open 21 years from today and toast his 21st birthday.

1 minute ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I would like to invite all SB members to join me in a toast.  We welcomed our first grandchild, John Harrison, into the world today at 2:17 pm.  Our daughter, her husband and our new grandson are doing fine.  My wife had a pour of ER, my son Booker's 2016-05 and I had my first pour of Booker's 2017-01.  I have a second bottle which, the Good Lord willing, my grandson and I will open 21 years from today and toast his 21st birthday.

Congratulations to, and wishes for, a long life for you.  You going to sign the bottle and tag it so nobody drinks it by mistake?B)

Just now, Harry in WashDC said:

Congratulations to, and wishes for, a long life for you.  You going to sign the bottle and tag it so nobody drinks it by mistake?B)

Good idea.  I'll put a note in there stating not to be opened until September 8, 2038.

Just now, CardsandBourbon said:

Good idea.  I'll put a note in there stating not to be opened until September 8, 2038.

On other matters, what did you think of the Bookers 2017-1?  Does it hold to the profile? (Nothing like a geek to offer up a downer.:lol:)

Congratulations to you and your family!!  I'll raise my glass (currently some Port Dundas 25yr) and toast your health, as well as your grandson and his parents.  May the powers that be smile on you all - and provided Jim keeps this going for another 21 more years - look forward to hearing John's impression of that Bookers :)  

Congrats to you and your entire family Kevin! Health and happiness to one and all. 

Cheers! Joe

13 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

On other matters, what did you think of the Bookers 2017-1?  Does it hold to the profile? (Nothing like a geek to offer up a downer.:lol:)

Really enjoyed it.  More oak on the palate than I expected for a 6 year old bourbon.  Thick burnt brown sugar on the front followed by some spices and a fairly strong finish.  And yes, if Jim keeps toiling along I'll resurrect the oldest thread and have John Harrison post his thoughts on it.

Congratulations to all of your family!  Toasting y'all with a HHBIB 6yr.  Drink well and enjoy this special time!

Congratulations, sir!  Fantastic news -- I will gladly join you in that toast!

Similar to you, I am expecting my first grandchild next month.  I'm looking to find an OFBB 2017 to put down for 21 years to (hopefully) share down the road with the grandchild.  If the OFBB proves impossible to find, I'l go the same route as you with a 2017 release Bookers.  (Probably better bourbon, anyways!)

Enjoy that boy! :)

Congratulations!  I'll join you with toast of OWA.  Being a grandpa is fun.  Hopefully your grandson is close and you get to see him often.

Edited by Special Reserve
typo

Congratulations to you and your family! Toasting with a glass of Blanton's!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CONGRATULATIONS, C&B!    (To you and all the family.)    Perpetuating the species is one of life's great rewards, ain't it.    Wonderful to have Grandkids! 

I wish him well; but will await the actual toast 'til a more reasonable hour (7:11 a.m. is too early for me).

Thanks everybody.  It's a whole different feeling being a grandfather.  First of all I don't feel that old.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I was holding my daughter just after she was born and then seeing her holding her own child yesterday was, well indescribable.  If you've already had that feeling I'm happy that I'm now a member of your club.  If you haven't well then I hope you someday get to be in that very special place and time.

Congratulations, I'll have the toast after my little man goes to bed.  Some people have asked if I'm his grandpa. -Ha-ha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.