You don't know what you've got

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 minutes ago, Stump1998 said:

The longer I sit in my hotel room the more I regretted not getting a couple so I went back. I got 4 of them and the old man gave me a 1.75 6 year old Taylor for buying so many bottles. He had 2 more of them in the back he said.

IMG_4936.JPG

Nice!

13 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Nice!

I should go back and get the other 2. He said I could have them for $15 bucks a piece. He may think I am just crazy. lol

On 9/18/2017 at 3:09 PM, kevinbrink said:

We shouldn't be too far off many of the BT products being more attainable, then again they may just create more brands to keep things scarce. Either way I wouldn't sweat it to much. It's good but it's not some magical nectar and as with all BT products not worth paying over retail for.

Yup yup yup.

We're going to laugh someday (hopefully soon) about this period when the mid shelf was deified.

Patience. Rack houses are filling. The future is bright.

22 hours ago, flahute said:

Well, some people happen to like it quite a bit (myself included) and find it better than ETL, Blanton's, etc. We all like different things. Since RHF doesn't come around that often I stock up when it does.

This is me, Steve, thanks to GeeTen who gifted me one.  I like Blanton's but find RHF an exciting step more complex.  OTOH, as JoeTerp posted above, there are lots of good bourbons out there; my shelf-clearing days are over if only because most of my bunker (well, about 3/4) is drink and replace, and there is only so much room in there.  Or in the car trunk.  Or under the bed.  (That last one - last week it was - had me making a New Year's resolution on 14 Sep 2017.  I admitted to myself I have a problem.  Now, for the cure . . .)

4 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

The longer I sit in my hotel room the more I regretted not getting a couple so I went back. I got 4 of them and the old man gave me a 1.75 6 year old Taylor for buying so many bottles. He had 2 more of them in the back he said.

IMG_4936.JPG

If you end up with even a hint of buyer's remorse...I will gladly take 1 or 2 off your hands. Just down the road a ways.

3 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

I should go back and get the other 2. He said I could have them for $15 bucks a piece. He may think I am just crazy. lol

Open the one you have and see how you like it.  It's Jim Beam aged 6 years at 80 proof.  I opened a dusty 1L not too long ago.  It was ok.  $15 is cheap.

43 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

This is me, Steve, thanks to GeeTen who gifted me one.  I like Blanton's but find RHF an exciting step more complex.  OTOH, as JoeTerp posted above, there are lots of good bourbons out there; my shelf-clearing days are over if only because most of my bunker (well, about 3/4) is drink and replace, and there is only so much room in there.  Or in the car trunk.  Or under the bed.  (That last one - last week it was - had me making a New Year's resolution on 14 Sep 2017.  I admitted to myself I have a problem.  Now, for the cure . . .)

Under the bed is only to replace the behind the dining room door stash you were forced to dismantle so you're still even.

No need for resolutions quite yet.

22 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My pleasure.  Still working thru my sample bottles you gave me, much to my delight!   :rolleyes:

Edited by GeeTen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.