Jefferson's Grand Selection Chateau Pichon Baron

Bourbinvestor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, Kane said:

I'd grab those without a second thought. If I remember correctly $85 was the msrp for acts 1 & 2 anyway, no? This has become one of my favorite pours of all time, and I'll be sure to hoard Act 5 this time around.

I have two bottles of act 4, don't really need more. 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

It's not the release season yet -- it'll be available very soon in October iirc. Otherwise it's abundant compared to other LE-designated whiskey and can be had without connections or raffles.

Shows how much of a rookie I am. I thought Midwinter Night's Dram was gone for good like the Blood Oath Pacts 1 & 2. I'm really excited about looking out for Midwinter now.

20 hours ago, Bourbinvestor said:

Shows how much of a rookie I am. I thought Midwinter Night's Dram was gone for good like the Blood Oath Pacts 1 & 2. I'm really excited about looking out for Midwinter now.

Act 5 releases on October 1st 

Since the thread has already derailed, I will go ahead and ask :) How consistent are various MWND acts? I've had so much of Act 2 and enjoyed every sip, but nothing else. Thinking of stashing deep with Act 5.

To me they are close enough to not care what act I'm buying/drinking, my recollection is that act 4 was a bit more port forward but it also could have been a result of the order I tasted them in, like Rendezvous Rye up to this point they seem pretty consistent batch to batch.

To me they are close enough to not care what act I'm buying/drinking, my recollection is that act 4 was a bit more port forward but it also could have been a result of the order I tasted them in, like Rendezvous Rye up to this point they seem pretty consistent batch to batch.

My experience has been the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So no one's tried this new Jefferson's bottle yet?

i've had it offered several times, but there's no way I'm spending $120 on that. At that price, they could've at least bottled it at a higher proof.

41 minutes ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

Tried it in a bar, tastes like dog shit

I haven't opened my bottle yet. Not too excited about it though. Maybe I'll gift it. Lol!

10 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

Tried it in a bar, tastes like dog shit

Ohhh, that doe not sound appetizing in the least.   :o

Can you tell us more about the flavor of canine feces?    :huh:   Personally, I've never had the (dis-)pleasure.

12 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ohhh, that doe not sound appetizing in the least.   :o

Can you tell us more about the flavor of canine feces?    :huh:   Personally, I've never had the (dis-)pleasure.

The poor guy does have a fixation with that stuff what with the user id and all. ;)

I’m not too good with descriptions and comparisons, but it has a musty funk to it that really turned me off. Not many sweet flavors at all. 

And for the record, I first created the username when I was heavily buzzed and taking a dump. I couldn’t think of a name and didn’t think I’d be on the site that much so just typed in some random shit. Couldn’t figure out how to change the name.... All that plus I’m immature ;)

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

And for the record, I first created the username when I was heavily buzzed and taking a dump. I couldn’t think of a name and didn’t think I’d be on the site that much so just typed in some random shit. Couldn’t figure out how to change the name.... All that plus I’m immature ;)

It's all good. I'll have to see what I can do about changing your user name to "random  s**t" though. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It's all good. I'll have to see what I can do about changing your user name to "random  s**t" though. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Thanks Joe, that’ll be alright by me.

Also for the record, I’ve heard from one or two people who like this iteration of Jefferson’s, but this one is just not for me.

• 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, Bourbinvestor said:

What about this one? Just another gimmick?

The search function is your friend. There is already a thread about this.

Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.