What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here is a place to show what bottles of bourbon that you score this fall.

Today I was able to add another Orphan Barrell to my collection: Forged Oak.

I really enjoy the Barterhouse and look forward to trying this one.

f56573611977731d39d95d51c6c678f4.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Saw someone else stared a fall posting figured I'd start one for what we picked up.

I was able to get from a bottle of OFBIB been wanting to try from a guy who picked a few up in Chicago.

Willett 80th was a surprised find. Not sure I'm a Willett fan but not taking much risk at $35.

A couple RRSiB store picks from Blind Pig in Houston. Very nice guy real bourbon fan owns this store. Heard good things about this pick.

Last a couple of bottles for the beer thread.

f29aeda3112314b83aae49fdf5850f29.jpg

A purchase for UK vs. Florida tailgating.
59e9f1259db25019ea232dc616f261c1.jpg

I was able to get a bottle of Old Fitz BiB, been wanting to try from a guy who picked a few up in Chicago.

Willett 80th was a surprise find. Not sure I'm a Willett fan but not taking much risk at $35.

A couple RRSiB store picks from Blind Pig in Houston. Very nice guy real bourbon fan owns this store. Heard good things about this pick.

Last a couple of bottles for the beer thread.

f29aeda3112314b83aae49fdf5850f29.jpg

This week I picked up a RHF, an OWA SB store pic, & the Foursquare 2004 CS 11 yr (aged in bourbon barrels; Fred Minnick inspired me to add this rum, & Binnys had a 15% off coupon on saturday)

Nice choice. I think UK has a shot this year vs. UF, I'll be routing for them.

Got a bottle of your favorite wheater.

Purchased a bottle of Henry McKenna SB BIB, barrel 3405.  I have others in the bunker, so opened this one.  Wonderful stuff. 

Edited by kwshannon
Not certain of abbrev, so spelled out name

Had to replace some empties so got an EWSiB today (really starting to enjoy this one despite its lower proof) and Bulleit 10.

ps   Is it really fall if it's still 100 degrees outside?

Edited by dcbt

today was a great day.   stayed in Bardstown last night.  Willett first thing then Heaven Hill.   Followed by a quick look at Four Roses bottling.   Was fortunate enough to get two WFE 13yr, a William Heavenhill 14yr (5th release) an EC grenade and one of the last Parkers Heritage they had! Found two gems at 4R and a random one at Liquor Barn.  OBSQ 10 yr 5 month Brent Elliot pick, OBSV no age noted, Brent Elliot pick and the LB is an OESV 10 yr 6 mo. 

IMG_0132.JPG

today was a great day.   stayed in Bardstown last night.  Willett first thing then Heaven Hill.   Followed by a quick look at Four Roses bottling.   Was fortunate enough to get two WFE 13yr, a William Heavenhill 14yr (5th release) an EC grenade and one of the last Parkers Heritage they had! Found two gems at 4R and a random one at Liquor Barn.  OBSQ 10 yr 5 month Brent Elliot pick, OBSV no age noted, Brent Elliot pick and the LB is an OESV 10 yr 6 mo. 

IMG_0132.thumb.JPG.2d049bbac8550aea094b1c932a2a679e.JPG

Wow.

Snagged an eagle rare today to hold the fort down while my bunker gets relocated to the new town. Trying to find a new local LS to frequent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

You're going to need that to drown your sorrows when they lose to the Gators for the 3,738 time in a row.

Stumbled on a stash of these.  11Y6M OBSK.  Yum.  I bought this bottling originally at Canal's.  Loved it, but them long since gone.  Imagine my shock when I went in to another liquor store in NJ years later and found this?!?  At $61.99 a steal for an outstanding aged OBSK.  Just add a few drops of water...

IMG_1890.JPG

28 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

You're going to need that to drown your sorrows when they lose to the Gators for the 3,738 time in a row.

Speaking of, how's your ass healing up from that tiger chomp out of it last weekend?:rolleyes:

Picked up David Nicholson 1843 today and another for OldFitz along with David Nicholson Reserve4324b6f855d15000a952510dc405d065.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ha, it's not like UK is playing Clemson. Win or lose, I will have no sorrow to drown. I do think this is the year that UK beats Florida, by two scores.

It's funny that you said I would need to drown my sorrows. I went to the UK vs. South Carolina game (in Columbia) last week and a rowdy South Carolina fan threw and airport bottle of Fireball at my brother-in-law (early in the game) and he said we were going to need to drink because UK was going to get crushed. I had made a blend of Weller Special Reserve and Old Fitzgerald BIB that my brothers-in-law snuck in through 4 flasks. The rowdy fan left before halftime and several of the more civil South Carolina fans shared our bourbon blend. I can say that all of the fans I encountered (but three) in Columbia we're good people.

Cards, I will happily share the Old Charter and Larceny with any Gator fan after UK wins by two scores.

• I like it 1

Fitz,

glad you enjoyed Columbia. Not from here, but Mrs Mako and I have lived here for 10 years and there are good people here. 

Hoping my Gators can make it 31 tonight. If not, the day wasn't a total loss. 

IMG_3155.JPG

My trip to Atlanta was good to me, buisness and shopping wise, I found a Stagg Jr and a RY10 both for $60, I also stocked up on more ER10 and EHTSmB, love em both. They had stuff we can't even get but twice a year in Birmingham just piled up by the case. Got some Scotch too but thats for a different place. Cheers! 

1506188465610155231173.jpg

A relative just back from Lexington picked me up from Liquor Barn: 

HHBiB 6 x 2

OF SiB 

Bulleit Barrel Strength

4R SiB OESQ 

No complaints.

20 hours ago, Paddy said:

Speaking of, how's your ass healing up from that tiger chomp out of it last weekend?:rolleyes:

Our Heisman trophy winner and us are doing just fine.

12 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Ha, it's not like UK is playing Clemson. Win or lose, I will have no sorrow to drown. I do think this is the year that UK beats Florida, by two scores.

It's funny that you said I would need to drown my sorrows. I went to the UK vs. South Carolina game (in Columbia) last week and a rowdy South Carolina fan threw and airport bottle of Fireball at my brother-in-law (early in the game) and he said we were going to need to drink because UK was going to get crushed. I had made a blend of Weller Special Reserve and Old Fitzgerald BIB that my brothers-in-law snuck in through 4 flasks. The rowdy fan left before halftime and several of the more civil South Carolina fans shared our bourbon blend. I can say that all of the fans I encountered (but three) in Columbia we're good people.

Cards, I will happily share the Old Charter and Larceny with any Gator fan after UK wins by two scores.

Sounds like you had the brother of the Clemson guy that sat behind me last week.  He started out drunk and loud, got drunker and louder and every other word out of his mouth was sh** or the F bomb.

23 hours ago, El Vino said:

Stumbled on a stash of these.  11Y6M OBSK.  Yum.  I bought this bottling originally at Canal's.  Loved it, but them long since gone.  Imagine my shock when I went in to another liquor store in NJ years later and found this?!?  At $61.99 a steal for an outstanding aged OBSK.  Just add a few drops of water...

IMG_1890.JPG

Thanks to El Vino for pointing me in the direction of these bottles. I had been saving my last bottle of this 11.5 year OBSK for a while. 

Anyone have any insight as to why a barrel select would show up at a store that didn't select it, 4 years later? I know Canals has no problem selling their selections, so I was thinking it must have been lost at the distributor and found years later and offered to whoever wanted it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.