What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Scored a SmB 2017 LE, waiting for the delivery. Thx a fellow member who tipped me off. 

• I like it 1

Thanks to a hot tip from Gurgalens, I motored across the river and scored a 1.75L and a 750ml of W12. It's down in the basement where I'm trying to camouflage them with old growlers and Chimay tins. It's not wrong to stash a few bottles of unobtainium for what could be a cold winter. If isn't a cold and snowy winter, all the better.  I'll be able to do a rapid response for the next few rare bottles.

• I like it 2

No LEs for me unlikely I score any.

Did get some FC 6yr! I look forward to trying SBS with some HH6yr and EW BIB. Also picked up a $50 Blanton's I'll likely gift to my contractor when my house is back to normal. Also a bottle OWA.

b9506f75cf895651e7e7b6c281d84bff.jpg

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

No LEs for me unlikely I score any.

Did get some FC 6yr! I look forward to trying SBS with some HH6yr and EW BIB. Also picked up a $50 Blanton's I'll likely gift to my contractor when my house is back to normal. Also a bottle OWA.

That 4R pick looks older and delicious!  Take that over some of the LE's any day...

• I like it 1

That 4R pick looks older and delicious!  Take that over some of the LE's any day...

Forgot about that one, it's from a fellow bourbon guy who's not part of the cult. I'm not in the cult but the kool aid ain't bad.

• I like it 1

My long personal drought for W12 is finally over. Wasn't exactly on a shelf. Local store had a flash sale online. 1 per. They had 750s ($40), 1L ($50), and 1.75s ($60). They all sold out in minutes. I tried for a 1.75 and 1L but settled for a 750 since the others sold out first. Judging from the boxes in the store they got 4 12-bottle cases of 750s.  Didn't get quite the deal of the poster above.

The 4R is thanks to a fellow SBr. 

20171020_192835-756x1008.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

Grabbed another bottle of OF 1920, as the price was good. I really like Old Forester, and this was the one iteration (higher proof) that I have always wanted BF to put out.

• I like it 1

Lot of phone work off and on the last few days trying to secure some btac. Not going to happen. So Ive got some money that I had put aside for it; the other day I passed on midwinternights dram and was chastised for it on here. So today I called back, it was sold out but they knew a store that still had one, also had a solid deal on Blood oath pact 3  that I felt like trying in my staggless misery so I came away with dram and pact 3 for 164.xx out the door

I have never seen a fifth of Weller 12 here in South Carolina, much less multiple handles. 

OF sig and some more OBSO. 

IMG_3396.JPG

5 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

KC Mo random stop was a nice surprise today. 3 weller 12 1.75 at 42.99 ea.  Can’t get this at home!  79C88B7A-AAA0-49E6-97AB-3E3BFC8E06D9.thumb.jpeg.95d713c417f5be6bb3c67cd008b3b457.jpeg

FA84964C-6D87-47FE-A840-107E5BDF2DA3.jpeg

You timed that visit right!  It showed up yesterday and today at 3 of the stores I shop.  

Postal Grunt, glad my leads panned out.  Gotta have each other's back, ya know...

• I like it 1

Picked up a Witherspoon TW store select today.  I hadn't had it until last weekend at a restaurant and was pleasantly surprised it didn't taste like corn like all other Texas bourbons.  It almost makes me think it's still MGP distillate, but I could have sworn they had moved on to bottling their own at this point.  Anyone have any insight?

Picked up an NDP called Doc Swinson's that's 11yr old MGP high rye mash bill at 110 proof, a HMcK10, 4ROESK, and a Midwinter's Night Dram.

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, flahute said:

Picked up an NDP called Doc Swinson's that's 11yr old MGP high rye mash bill at 110 proof, a HMcK10, 4ROESK, and a Midwinter's Night Dram.

K yeast is my favorite. If yous find it, double up. 

In addition to the 2017 GTS I got yesterday, today I checked out a new store with OGD114 for $25. Might have to pick up a case of that to be my casual sipper, but today I just got one. Nabbed a store pick Blantons as well. Can’t beat that with a stick!

Picked these two up in the last week. I'm a ECBP ho.  

IMG_1472.JPG

Edited by kyrocklover

Picked these two up in the last week. I'm a ECBP ho.  
IMG_1472.thumb.JPG.94923a9b105696f6a37466c33d5d7ca2.JPG

Nice work....that’s the first one I’ve seen of the “c” batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good things come to those who . . . get up at 4:56 am and sit in front of Liquor Barn for 3 hours 40 minutes.  Picked up this.

20171021_093613.jpg

I was third in line and they had a grand total of 3 bottles.  Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 2

28 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Good things come to those who . . . get up at 4:56 am and sit in front of Liquor Barn for 3 hours 40 minutes.  Picked up this.

20171021_093613.jpg

I was third in line and they had a grand total of 3 bottles.  Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

Quite the find! Did you get a call it was coming in? 

I snagged a HMcKBIB today for the first time in...too long. There were bottles from two different barrels on the shelf and they were noticeably different colors, so naturally I purchased the darker one. Hoping to open it up soon so i can grab a backup bottle if it’s a tasty barrel.

• I like it 1

Picked up a Witherspoon TW store select today.  I hadn't had it until last weekend at a restaurant and was pleasantly surprised it didn't taste like corn like all other Texas bourbons.  It almost makes me think it's still MGP distillate, but I could have sworn they had moved on to bottling their own at this point.  Anyone have any insight?

After reading this I had a pour tonight at a restaurant that brought in there own barrel pick. Thought it was pretty good. I'll look into this.

Slim pickings as I made my weekly check for BTAC. But it’s not the time of year to leave empty handed so picked up a 2007 EWSiB

I was out of town this weekend visiting family and hit up some of the local liquor stores. I didn’t have any luck with finding any limited editions, but did pick up a couple of solid Bourbons that I currently don’t have in stock.

F1A73F78-1795-4DF9-900D-9FD634CC8BEA.jpeg

Edited by NDN98

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.