What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks for the post $helby. Smooth Ambler Contradiction has shown up in good quantities at a couple of stores here. I also just saw Chicken Cock for the first time a week or so ago. I didn't pay much attention to it, but after reading your post, I might have to go back and give it another look see. I forgot the price. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Joe: Chicken Cock 160th Anniversary was $89.99 in South Carolina yesterday.   

23 hours ago, $helby said:

Tagged along with my wife and daughter on their Christmas shopping trip to Myrtle Beach SC today.   Dropped them off at the outlet stores and went Bourbon shopping.  Picked up the following:

2 HWAMND and got a $10 discount on each for buying two

1 FRSiB barrel proof store pick OBSQ 10 year

2 Chicken Cock 160th Anniversary

1 SA Contradiction

1 JPS 16

1 OB Entrapment ( I know, probably will regret it)

Opened the FR and CC tonight and glad I bought both.   CC only 90 proof and was very smooth and easy to drink. My wife even liked it.  FR needed a few drops of water to open up.  Wish I had bought 2  bottles.    

Haha,  at first glance, I thought this was a chicken soup recipe.  

Tonight's haul:

VOB BiB

High West Midwinter Night's Dram

Evan Williams single barrel

Basil Hayden (I'm hoping my wife will like this one as she likes higher rye bourbons and the 80 proof should keep the burn to a minimum)

On 12/13/2017 at 6:46 PM, HoustonNit said:

Ok a lot high proofed stuff in that BTAC line up and I think some of that beer might have a higher ABV%. I look forward to being drunk through most of Christmas and need to start early with my coffee. Should be interesting as I normally don't even put sugar in my 5 cups of coffee each day.

as some one else posted a while back, the bourbon cream is amazing in a root beer.   tastes like a root beer float that the ice cream has melted down some.  delicious.

as some one else posted a while back, the bourbon cream is amazing in a root beer.   tastes like a root beer float that the ice cream has melted down some.  delicious.

Interesting, might have to try this.

Got a call to pick up a bottle locally for a friend. ORVW10. Now since I couldn't get any 10 this year should I open the bottle and let it air until he picks it up next month? :huh:

42 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Got a call to pick up a bottle locally for a friend. ORVW10. Now since I couldn't get any 10 this year should I open the bottle and let it air until he picks it up next month? :huh:

ABSOLUTELY!    And, MORE AIR = MORE FLAVOR; therefor drink it about halfway down in order to maximize his/her appreciation for the spirit.   ;)

• I like it 3

My new additions. I think after the last few successful months of bunkering I'm taking a self imposed bourbon buying hiatis until the end of January. (if I can make it).

20171215_123634.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 3

Last week I purchased something I'd never seen before, a WTKS PS.  I also grabbed one of their BT PS bottles as well.  This place is great, just wish it wasn't 1.5 hours away.  I only go when I'm visiting a customer.  Who, incidently, might just need a lot more attention next year when the KCSB PS comes in. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

Bought a store select, 12-year Elijah Craig. Very nice pour. 

Those can indeed be wonderful selections.    I eagerly await one myself that we picked several months ago.    I don't recall too much about it, other than it was lovely straight from the barrel.

• I like it 1

Baby Saz, WSR, and OGD114 for slightly under $90. Excited to try my first Grandpa Weller’s Four Grain!

23 hours ago, ckanders said:

picked up the ORVW10 that i won in a store's raffle... 67 and change out the door.

Bottle King?

Just got this bad boy in the mail from Bevmo! I haven't even shopped there since like 2013.

I plan on trying this out with a fellow SB'r in the near future!

IMG_1492.thumb.JPG.7fb25819df898fd02007cc51fcb69c9f.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 2

$13.99 for a VOB BiB. Many thanks to a SB'r for telling me that he had special ordered it and that there were 6 extras.  I got 1 and left 2 on the shelf. Picked up a Bare Knuckle rye.

IMG_0036.JPG

• I like it 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Big Rick said:

As I was doing my weekly shopping at my spirit store the mgr. called to me ( yeah they know me pretty well) and said I've got something for you in the back. Much to my surprise he came out with the W12. They always save me 1 when it comes in. They treat me very well there. I have even been gifted a very nice bottle just because I'm such a good customer.5a32e940794cb_Weller12.jpg.186dc3378f7842c3b2099ffda91810de.jpg

Nice profile pic! ;)

9 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Nice profile pic! ;)

I knew it wasn't your photo since it wasn't perched on that cheesy record player. Pretty sure you can recycle that. :D

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

My new additions. I think after the last few successful months of bunkering I'm taking a self imposed bourbon buying hiatis until the end of January. (if I can make it).

20171215_123634.jpg

I've heard that before ;), congrats on the Old Rip, a pretty tasty one. 

Will.

22 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

Bought a store select, 12-year Elijah Craig. Very nice pour. 

Had a killer EC pick last night that really blew me away. Honestly reminded me of this year’s  OFBB but maybe even a little better.

• I like it 1

Bought my first bottle of Makers 46 yesterday in a gift set with 2 tumblers. Initial impressions are good, but for the money ($40) I'd be more inclined to pick up CEHT SmB.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

I knew it wasn't your photo since it wasn't perched on that cheesy record player. Pretty sure you can recycle that. :D

Once in a while I take one in front of the lamp in my living room it's done up all festive like right now. To stay on topic...

IMG_20171216_162702126.jpg

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Once in a while I take one in front of the lamp in my living room it's done up all festive like right now. To stay on topic...

IMG_20171216_162702126.jpg

Jeez, I didn't realize that you were quoting Big Rick and it was his photo. :o

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.