What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No shelf control, was on a holiday beer/wine/champagne run at TW they had OWA for $23, so throw another in the bunker.

I'm $150 from Grand Reserve which I think I'll go for. Hopefully they get some allocations in Texas next year.

• I like it 1

Love when you get lucky,  6 months after release.    Random liquor store walk in!

20171221_135035.thumb.jpg.602e870ef652e3cc78b35e5542ab16d1.jpg

Wow see that never happens to me.

Love when you get lucky,  6 months after release.    Random liquor store walk in!

20171221_135035.thumb.jpg.602e870ef652e3cc78b35e5542ab16d1.jpg

Wow! There are no words for how lucky that is...assuming you paid close to retail for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! There are no words for how lucky that is...assuming you paid close to retail for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to bad.   $200 each

50 minutes ago, starhopper said:

Ouch - not so lucky of a deal

It sucks to pay over retail but I’ve never seen AY for under $300 here so I’d take $200 and run haha. 

55 minutes ago, starhopper said:

Ouch - not so lucky of a deal

Don't forget,    that pretty much is CA retail.   Ha

• I like it 1

I've been slowly purchasing CEHT Small Batch bottles as part of my groomsmen gift for my wedding. Picked up the last one (of 7) today for $37.99. That's a great price in Chicago considering I bought a couple from Binny's for $44.99, which is usually the cheapest you can find stuff.

I also was able to pick up a W12 and ETL at MSRP at a different shop.

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

I've been slowly purchasing CEHT Small Batch bottles as part of my groomsmen gift for my wedding. Picked up the last one (of 7) today for $37.99. That's a great price in Chicago considering I bought a couple from Binny's for $44.99, which is usually the cheapest you can find stuff.

I also was able to pick up a W12 and ETL at MSRP at a different shop.

Cannot beat that price. I can sometimes pick some up at that price on sale here. 

On 12/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, kevinbrink said:

Well the last of my local Van Winkle and BTAC raffles has come and gone, I decided I would hit up a couple of my out of the way stops to see if I could get lucky, nothing in the way of VW or BTAC but as someone who recalls old KBD stuff fondly pretty damn happy to find some age stated Kentucky XO. 

IMG_20171211_203035587.jpg

I just picked up a bottle and I have to say, I love it. Only found it in one store, so probably going back this week to clean the shelf. For $32.99, it’s severely underrated.

• I like it 1

On 12/21/2017 at 8:46 PM, ccleve23 said:

Grabbed a bottle of Magnus Cigar Blend Batch 6.  First time seeing that in a Maryland store. 

Great pickup! Was it priced reasonably?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Knocksville10 said:

I just picked up a bottle and I have to say, I love it. Only found it in one store, so probably going back this week to clean the shelf. For $32.99, it’s severely underrated.

I was almost tempted to pick up a bottle of the NAS art a store recently to see just how far off it is, then I remembered how the last few recent KBD pours I had were and decided to skip it.

13 hours ago, Justin said:

Great pickup! Was it priced reasonably?

Not bad at 169.99.  A little more expensive than the distillery but it sells out so quickly there. 

Went to Binny's to get some Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout.  Left with that, and to my surprise saw SAOS Single Barrel Cask Strength 12 Year sitting on the shelf.  Was very surprised so grabbed one, quickly debated between the SAOS and a Binnys Belle Meade 10.  Stuck with the SAOS based upon my recollection of the 10 year barrel I had at the Girl and the Goat over the summer.  Opened it as soon as I got home, and have to say Yum happy with with my purchase.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Scored some semi dusty ‘Turkey in Panama city beach!

2 bottles for $39.99 each

2563F2F0-D583-4EC1-A92F-072C538870E5.jpeg

Good stuff.  I'm no fan of the WT 101 but the Rare Breed and the Russell's are tasteeee!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Good stuff.  I'm no fan of the WT 101 but the Rare Breed and the Russell's are tasteeee!

...And, these at 40 buckaroos are a steal!    The 108+ are a stellar batch!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

...And, these at 40 buckaroos are a steal!    The 108+ are a stellar batch!

The bottle codes say 2012, so these have been hanging out for a while. Very much looking forward to these. 

Edited by Mako254

I don't know what I did right but Mrs PG bought me a bottle of Jefferson's Small Batch. It's a decent 82 proof tipple for drinking straight. I wonder what I have to do to inspire her to buy something like an ECBP or a Pikesville.

• I like it 1

A few months ago, I had been putting out feelers to my hometown liquor store, and surrounding liquor stores (knowing that I would be back in area for the holiday). Well, I think I've found my honey-hole. I got a call three days before Christmas and the owner called, letting me know what he got in. He owns three liquor stores. Only got two bottles of WLW in, a case of ETL, and a case of WSR. $188 later (before tax), I'm walking away with these bad boys. Merry Christmas indeed!

bourbon.jpg

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2017 at 10:21 AM, HoustonNit said:

Yeah I've seen more Blanton's in the past month than I saw in the whole past year. Tis the season.

How 'bout a freshly bottled and wrapped pallet sitting at BT last Thurs, with plenty more to come? 20171221_125027.thumb.jpg.e739ee10b97492afd11246f2d0d83f9c.jpg20171221_125047.thumb.jpg.5efe3ecc423d6fffacbca3e7ea9c6859.jpg

• I like it 1

How 'bout a freshly bottled and wrapped pallet sitting at BT last Thurs, with plenty more to come? 20171221_125027.thumb.jpg.e739ee10b97492afd11246f2d0d83f9c.jpg20171221_125047.thumb.jpg.5efe3ecc423d6fffacbca3e7ea9c6859.jpg

Wow very cool, is seeing the shipping warehouse part of the standard hard hat tour?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.