What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Wow very cool, is seeing the shipping warehouse part of the standard hard hat tour?

That's actually the single barrel bottling room - went thru it twice that day, once on the Bourbon Barrel tour and again on the standard (not hard hat) tour.  Only other place you'll see that much is in your dreams.  Think I'll go take a nap now and keep the dream alive...

2 hours ago, jshleffar said:

Bulleit cask strength... because it was 29 bucks.

I'd try it at that price too. $65 or so in every local store here.

50 minutes ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

I couldn't resist at $25 + tax for 9 year old.

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

If that was barreled 21 days earlier I would have given you a premium bottle for it.

Got a few more to enjoy the next few days [emoji4]44ed1cfbd9ed887f25c8884619bc8c14.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

That’s a pretty stellar line up.
  • I like it 1

That's actually the single barrel bottling room - went thru it twice that day, once on the Bourbon Barrel tour and again on the standard (not hard hat) tour.  Only other place you'll see that much is in your dreams.  Think I'll go take a nap now and keep the dream alive...

Oh very cool, said it like a million times but I need to go.

Pick up a couple of Henry McKennas today at $27.99 each. Great price for our market. Bottled 3/14/06 and rec'd a couple of weeks ago at my local LS. I'm calling it 11yr. ;)

8 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

I enjoyed a similar experience.  The single barrel bottling room is part of the regular tour, or it was when I visited.  The smell in the room was wonderful.  The workers said they couldn't even smell the whiskey any more.   Sad to hear......

Driving through Indiana yesterday and stopped at a random middle of nowhere store and came across this.  Did they stop making this a little while back?

900F229D-D355-4CE5-8D8D-72064544FA67.jpeg

1 hour ago, JSpartan said:

Driving through Indiana yesterday and stopped at a random middle of nowhere store and came across this.  Did they stop making this a little while back?

900F229D-D355-4CE5-8D8D-72064544FA67.jpeg

Yep they did, nice pick up.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Yep they did, nice pick up.

And,  a Nice Price.    Many have said it's just a different iteration (by an NDP) of EC12; but, I always (at least thought I) found enough difference to consider it a cousin rather than a twin brother.

• I like it 2

On 12/26/2017 at 12:40 PM, NOLEimit said:

Went to Binny's to get some Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout.  Left with that, and to my surprise saw SAOS Single Barrel Cask Strength 12 Year sitting on the shelf.  Was very surprised so grabbed one, quickly debated between the SAOS and a Binnys Belle Meade 10.  Stuck with the SAOS based upon my recollection of the 10 year barrel I had at the Girl and the Goat over the summer.  Opened it as soon as I got home, and have to say Yum happy with with my purchase.

I got an 11 ye SAOS SB at a Binnys last week. Very surprised, as I havent seen an SOAS SB in a couple years.

And,  a Nice Price.    Many have said it's just a different iteration (by an NDP) of EC12; but, I always (at least thought I) found enough difference to consider it a cousin rather than a twin brother.

It was consistently superior in my meaningless opinion. I miss that bottling a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

On 12/25/2017 at 9:42 PM, kevinbrink said:

I was almost tempted to pick up a bottle of the NAS art a store recently to see just how far off it is, then I remembered how the last few recent KBD pours I had were and decided to skip it.

So, upon further investigation, it turns out I bought the NAS KD. Still though, it’s mighty good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.