What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

found some fun old ones today.   85 turkey 101.  Look at that color! 1956/1969 Kentucky tavern, and a 75 Henry McKenna 6 yr

IMG_1141-1.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1163-1.jpeg

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Once in a while I take one in front of the lamp in my living room it's done up all festive like right now. To stay on topic...

IMG_20171216_162702126.jpg

I saw a Rowan's Creek for $33 today I'm thinking of going back for. 

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

:D

IMG_4488.JPG

Can you imagine Barney Fife after a couple of pours of WTR101?  I watched Don Knotts in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" today.  Classic!

• I like it 1

I saw a Rowan's Creek for $33 today I'm thinking of going back for. 
u should of you like the peanut flavor. I️ don’t care for it and was sorely disappointed in both Rowan’s creek and Noah’s mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing.  I went to pick up pizza for a Christmas gathering.  I left early so I could stop at the liquor store next to the pizza shop.  I ended up sitting in the parking lot listening to a Moody Blues CD because I read they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Fame.  What was I thinking?  An opportunity missed.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Hangar 1 vodka.  It has a nice seal

Ok funny from that angle almost looked like a bottle of dish soap. Those are some great bottles particularly envious of the WT101.

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Can you imagine Barney Fife after a couple of pours of WTR101?  I watched Don Knotts in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" today.  Classic!

Barney was a national treasure for sure. 

Ok other than a few bottles of more 4R PS recipes that are supposed to be hitting soon I'm done for the foreseeable future.

Got some 4R OBSV and OBSF right at 9 yrs and a OBSQ at 10yrs.

A Hanncock's, not my first choice for SB MB2 at 88.9 proof but I'm interested in giving it a try.

Some barrel aged beer, CBS, Full Sail wheatale as well a local doppelbock aged in Armagnac barrels I'm really excited about.

Last got really lucky at a local raffle and scored THH and Parker's. Very excited, need to get a lotto ticket with this kind of luck.

All please don't tell my wife.

b4cb8ec32cbc222e28b92bd128513edc.jpg

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok other than a few bottles of more 4R PS recipes that are supposed to be hitting soon I'm done for the foreseeable future.

Got some 4R OBSV and OBSF right at 9 yrs and a OBSQ at 10yrs.

A Hanncock's, not my first choice for SB MB2 at 88.9 proof but I'm interested in giving it a try.

Some barrel aged beer, CBS, Full Sail wheatale as well a local doppelbock aged in Armagnac barrels I'm really excited about.

Last got really lucky at a local raffle and scored THH and Parker's. Very excited, need to get a lotto ticket with this kind of luck.

b4cb8ec32cbc222e28b92bd128513edc.jpg

Excellent haul sir! Definitely mirin'

Excellent haul sir! Definitely mirin'

Even a blind squirrel gets lucky sometime. Need to get busy drinking.
  • I like it 1

On 12/16/2017 at 12:02 AM, kevinbrink said:

Bottle King?

yeah - first time winning one of the store raffles

• I like it 1

Today's baby haul. 

Ballast Point Victory at Sea aged in High West Barrels.

Wild Turkey Forgiven - never met a turkey I didn't like. What the hell. It's the last two weeks of the year. Weird things are going to happen.

HUZZAH

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.9a01c8ed93dcc90731d01a91833fcc32.JPG

• I like it 4

[mention=12713]HoustonNit[/mention] was on fire in that raffle today. It was convoluted, but I'm pretty sure your number was called 4 to 5 times.

Only 4.

6 minutes ago, ckanders said:

yeah - first time winning one of the store raffles

Very nice congrats! 

Today's baby haul. 

Ballast Point Victory at Sea aged in High West Barrels.

Wild Turkey Forgiven - never met a turkey I didn't like. What the hell. It's the last two weeks of the year. Weird things are going to happen.

HUZZAH

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.9a01c8ed93dcc90731d01a91833fcc32.JPG

Wow a whole mix of combo bourbon/rye offerings. Don't the BP HW barrel aged Victory At Sea has made it out to the third coast, once again your beer pics are making me very jealous.

Very curious about the Forgiven, post your thoughts when you crack it open.
  • I like it 1

x5rzM72.jpg

Been passing on both of these. Curious about the TW pick of SAOS 107. Heard mixed reviews but I'm a SA fan and and the price is very attractive on that TW pick. Please tell us what you think when you open it.
  • I like it 1

8 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Wow a whole mix of combo bourbon/rye offerings. Don't the BP HW barrel aged Victory At Sea has made it out to the third coast, once again your beer pics are making me very jealous.

Very curious about the Forgiven, post your thoughts when you crack it open.

Thinking of doing a side by side with Smooth Ambler's Contradiction which is also a  blend or bourbons and ryes.

huzzah.

Outside of a lucky stroke of finding one in the wild, my LE hunting season has come to a close.

I had a better year than I thought I would. Better than last year which is a surprise since it's been getting tougher every year.

This year's catch:

4R Al Young 50th

PVW15yr

GTS

OFBB x2

PH11 11yr x2

You just never know how each year is going to go so this has been a good one.

• I like it 4

Thinking of doing a side by side with Smooth Ambler's Contradiction which is also a  blend or bourbons and ryes.

huzzah.

I thought Contradiction was a mix of wheat and rye bourbon. Which reminds me a great option for the 4G thread. Still worth doing a SBS, please post results.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Haha, ok mum's the word around here.  I'm surprised you didn't take your wife along to improve your chances.  That seems to be the new thing with youngsters at bourbon lotteries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.