What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I guess your seller needs more stores then if he wants to compete for your business.

true.

Passed on ER10 and WSR on the 'new arrival' counter at TW.  Have plenty of the former and no interest in the latter.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, dcbt said:

Passed on ER10 and WSR on the 'new arrival' counter at TW.  Have plenty of the former and no interest in the latter.

Same thing here. I was with the wife, actually looking for Evan Williams egg nog, and saw the ER10 and WSR. Paused, looked, and moved on. 

40 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Left some MWND after buying 2, left a EC18 @ $95, left a bunch of ECPB after buying one.  Its bourbon season

IMG_3736.JPG

Wow! That’s a sick price for ECBP. I would have had to buy a few!

• I like it 1

Left some MWND after buying 2, left a EC18 @ $95, left a bunch of ECPB after buying one.  Its bourbon season
IMG_3736.thumb.JPG.d96738d96bdc686351f3548196ec3a1e.JPG

I believe I have done my fair share of shopping in that store....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After getting my EC 18 I went back through the line and there were a couple of bottles of the BH Dark Rye.  Decided to pass and leave it for the next guy.

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

IMG_3736.JPG

Wow! Those are incredibly low prices! 

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Wow, that $44.99 price for ECBP is tremendous!  :o  The best price I have seen on that stuff lately is $20 higher.  Congrats on the happy hunting grounds there! 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

IMG_3736.JPG

And I suppose they were selling the MWND for $30? These prices are insane, the good kind of insane.

8 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Same thing here. I was with the wife, actually looking for Evan Williams egg nog

We have that at our ABC. I'm debating whether it's worth the $8.49 price for a 750 especially after paying $20 for some BT Bourbon Cream. Both of those can be made considerably cheaper in your own kitchen. 

Passed up a bunch of stuff yesterday (some of it due to price and some just to the tiny bit of restraint that I exercise from time to time).

Location 1:

EH Taylor Single Barrel - $60

Rock Hill Farms - $60

EH Taylor Rye - $70

Barrell Bourbon (think they had a 8b, 12, and New Year's) - $85

Midwinter Night's Dram - $130

Forged Oak - $150

Barterhouse - $200

Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2017 - $300

Eagle Rare 17 - $600

I have to admit the Four Roses really made me think. 

Location 2:

Yippee Kay-yay - $100 (and $5 more than MWND that I picked up there)

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, DCFan said:

We have that at our ABC. I'm debating whether it's worth the $8.49 price for a 750 especially after paying $20 for some BT Bourbon Cream. Both of those can be made considerably cheaper in your own kitchen. 

We traditionally stock up on Pennsylvania Dutch brand egg nog, and give it to friends and neighbors during the holiday season. Last year we added EW eggnog to our tradition, and actually prefer it. Also tried some Benchmark eggnog, but it didn't measure up to the EW. One of our self-indulgences.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, dcbt said:

I was in Austin the past 4 days, every LS I went into had WSR on the shelf, and most had some ER but not on the shelf.

A retailer finally gave up on their glass case 'sale' price of Stagg Jr. @ 99$ and stacked a regular shelf full of it with a slightly better 'sale' price of $59.....Still a pass with many stores still in the $49-54 range. 

I was in Austin the past 4 days, every LS I went into had WSR on the shelf, and most had some ER but not on the shelf.

Total Wine is somewhat new to Texas and doesn't realize how common WSR is and to a lesser extent all BT products compared to there other markets.

57 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Total Wine is somewhat new to Texas and doesn't realize how common WSR is and to a lesser extent all BT products compared to there other markets.

true, however my local TW can not keep the ER & BT product on the shelf.  I am assuming it is due to their low price on each.  I can find both on almost every other LS shelf for ~$10 more.

they have moved the WSR to the shelf though.

Edited by chappy6107
  • I like it 1

true, however my local TW can not keep the ER & BT product on the shelf.  I am assuming it is due to their low price on each.  I can find both on almost every other LS shelf for ~$10 more.
they have moved the WSR to the shelf though.

This is true. I think other than price I think since there new they get a relatively small amount for a store of its size.

9 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

This is true. I think other than price I think since there new they get a relatively small amount for a store of its size.

agreed

2 hours ago, Dango said:

Yea, WSR is everywhere in Texas.  (That's how W12 used to be a couple years ago here.)

19 hours ago, kemosabe said:

IMG_3736.JPG

For the same price, you have to go with that TX whiskey over 1 each of the EC and ECBP...(said no one, ever...)

• I like it 3

But Joe...... it won a Double Gold award at the 2013 San Francisco spirits competition. :D  (and it's a family size!)

• I like it 2

Passed on IW Harper 15 for $71, CEHT Single Barrel for $58, and Handles of Weller SR for $32

C61EE28E-782D-4CE2-AE0A-9E309CF98A59.jpeg

Edited by NDN98

5 hours ago, dcbt said:

Yea, WSR is everywhere in Texas.  (That's how W12 used to be a couple years ago here.)

I did manage to score a W12 while in Austin also, but I had to ask.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.