What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, chappy6107 said:

angel's envy rye  was $76.  Just not quite knowledgeable about the ryes yet.

I'm not super knowledgeable on rye yet either, but the AE rye is one of my favorite pours at the moment. It definitely is not like other ryes that I've tasted so far - the rum barrel finish gives it more sweetness and it has a very unique profile compared to anything else I've got.

3 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I'm not super knowledgeable on rye yet either, but the AE rye is one of my favorite pours at the moment. It definitely is not like other ryes that I've tasted so far - the rum barrel finish gives it more sweetness and it has a very unique profile compared to anything else I've got.

thanks for the notes.  I am quite sure it will be gone tomorrow as several were missing and only being put out for a couple hours.

• I like it 1

CEHT BP for $119, it's two batches ago and has been on the shelf there for a while I'm honestly surprised it isn't gone yet as I've seen worse priced bottles purchased less than a mile away.

12 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

angel's envy rye  was $76.  Just not quite knowledgeable about the ryes yet.

Pretty fair price too. Avg is $85 .. lowest ive seen is $78 and highest was $109.

• I like it 1

Saw (and passed) on the abe lincoln and patton bourbons in the same store on Saturday. 
Smart move. Unless you're just dying to have a piece of the boundary oak from the Lincoln farm. They aren't even bourbon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

They aren't giving up in their OWA pricing yet. And KY OWL Rye is still EVERYWHERE.  They also had ECBP B517 for $100.

20171121_124208.jpg

They aren't giving up in their OWA pricing yet. And KY OWL Rye is still EVERYWHERE.  They also had ECBP B517 for $100.
20171121_124208.jpg.a67b5982984cf68b4561bf9cbb30d2d6.jpg

Wow! The OWA pricing is especially ridiculous! The KY Owl Rye is also non-existent in Tennessee as far as I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was awfully tempted by the Parker's not so much the rye.

26073442b3250ef98c702ebc5dbf5d78.jpg

3ca2bad87ec90665295cfa56c0a6475b.jpg

Those Parker's and the HWMWND would have gone home with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Was awfully tempted by the Parker's not so much the rye.

I seem to be the only person not stumbling on a Parker's Malt around here. Also, I'm one of the few that actually likes it and wants one...

Surprisingly I think the malt is overpriced here, but the 11 is just right, no?

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

I seem to be the only person not stumbling on a Parker's Malt around here. Also, I'm one of the few that actually likes it and wants one...

Surprisingly I think the malt is overpriced here, but the 11 is just right, no?

I think the 11 is priced high too but I apparently got a great deal on it and didn't know it. At $116 its still my 2nd most expensive bottle of whiskey I've ever bought. GTS and WLW cost less than that last year.

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I think the 11 is priced high too but I apparently got a great deal on it and didn't know it. At $116 its still my 2nd most expensive bottle of whiskey I've ever bought. GTS and WLW cost less than that last year.

My bad, that is a huge difference. Granted, I haven't seen the current release below 150 in Boston yet.

I got my Parkers for 129.99

Unfortunately that was probably about what the cost was for liquor stores in west Tennessee. The distributor has apparently decided to share in some of the premium up charging in our area on LE bottles, especially for HH and BF products.

1 hour ago, Kane said:

My bad, that is a huge difference. Granted, I haven't seen the current release below 150 in Boston yet.

I’ve yet to come across any bottles of PHC11 and needed just one to keep the collection going in full. Got the call finally and pulled the trigger at $169.99, not thrilled about the markup and probably would have it let it walk if not for having the previous ten.

PH11 for $126.99 in Boston suburbs - wanna' see my receipt?????  The rest is in a lottery.  :)

I paid $175 for PHC11, I could have bought 3 ECBP for that, it would have been a smarter purchase but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it again.

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

PH11 for $126.99 in Boston suburbs - wanna' see my receipt?????  The rest is in a lottery.  :)

I posted this before but I just like to rub it in. :) Actually got 2 at that price but one was for a fellow SBr.

20171121_215637-388x750.jpg

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Those Parker's and the HWMWND would have gone home with me.

Yep. 

58 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I posted this before but I just like to rub it in. :) Actually got 2 at that price but one was for a fellow SBr.

20171121_215637-388x750.jpg

Like I said, I’m not one to usually jump on something marked up, but I’ve had my feelers out here in Southeast Michigan with not much luck. I felt like I could pull the trigger to keep this going. Good snag at that price though.

5CBAECB3-B9EA-46F8-96E1-46044B4E10E2.jpeg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Ooof, the sag on that shelf! Makes me nervous just looking at it.

Yeah would make me too, it’s the angle of the picture, promise I wouldn’t put that at risk.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.