What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on just about everything today except a couple of mixer staples. However, the one that won't leave me alone is passing on some Booker's 2016-06 - Noe Hard Times for 51.99. That's a solid deal and I'm a dumbass for not grabbing at least 2. I have a feeling I'm going to try to right that wrong sometime soon - like tomorrow.

Uh, yeah, I've got plenty of Booker's in storage, but I don't think I would have passed on it at that price. I seldom ever saw it near that price in my area even before they raised prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy pass on these 2 this morning. They also had ETL, Stagg Jr, and Blanton's for $80.

This place has a great selection but they are always over priced. They also had a ton of WSR, CEHT,  and ER10 Bat was slightly overpriced as well but not as bad as the others. 

It's an independent grocery store. 

20171001_093347-756x1008.jpg

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

This year's Birthday Bourbon for $200, easy pass.

Upcoming lottery registration on 10/4, 210 bottles @ $79.99.

1 minute ago, DCFan said:

Upcoming lottery registration on 10/4, 210 bottles @ $79.99.

More reasonable and still a pass for me at that price I think

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

More reasonable and still a pass for me at that price I think

Me too. Yeah it's a LE but that still isn't enough to excite me enough to even enter.

Passed on a few typically overpriced bottles; RHF $79.99, RY10 $69.99.  I was surprised to find several bottles of Kentucky Owl Rye sitting there for $129.99.  I'm not real big on rye, so it was an easy pass.

Passed on a few typically overpriced bottles; RHF $79.99, RY10 $69.99.  I was surprised to find several bottles of Kentucky Owl Rye sitting there for $129.99.  I'm not real big on rye, so it was an easy pass.

While the RHF may be overpriced, unfortunately the current retail price for RY10 is around $70 in most areas. Of course you still have to make your own call regarding whether or not you think it's worth that price, and it appears that you don't think it is...and I agree with you.

5 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

While the RHF may be overpriced, unfortunately the current retail price for RY10 is around $70 in most areas. Of course you still have to make your own call regarding whether or not you think it's worth that price, and it appears that you don't think it is...and I agree with you.

Yes the RHF is overpriced but only by $20. Is that a deal breaker for a bourbon that’s darned near impossible to get?

46 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Yes the RHF is overpriced but only by $20. Is that a deal breaker for a bourbon that’s darned near impossible to get?

I'd buy it at that. RHF is also my favorite open bottle at this time. 

OESV BP at 60% abv and 10yr. But $80 was just too much for an unknown. I'll first try my previous three picks.

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

Is for me, last bottle I bought was $45, over $50 and I'm not interested, too many bottles I like more at that price, I suppose had I never had a bottle of RHF I might feel differently.  

I was in Vegas this weekend and passed on everything. The pricing has gotten so out of hand I can barely believe it. And the variations from place to place are nuts. As an example, Delmonico currently has Lot B for $75 a pour. That's a stupid price for Lot B and I would never pay it. I don't even really like Lot B. But then we went to dinner at Carnevino (in the same building as Delmonico) and their list had Lot B for $300. And PVW15 for $500. Insane.

The liquor store by the baggage claim at the airport had some Michter's 20 sitting out with no price shown. That place had ORVW10 for $800 last time I was there though......

Bourbon of note: Stagg Jr (at $89 and $100) and a PS 1792 at $45 (it's just not my thing).

I also saw the BH dark rye for the first time.  Tempted, but passed (price was $49).

Last temptation was LS&B 16, but talked myself out of it by purchasing 4 bottles of bourbon (for the same price;))! 

There was one store that had otherworldly prices. Way out of whack with the other stores in the area.

Passed on:

1792 Full Proof, $69.99

Old Medley 12yr, $75.00

Sazerac, $79.99

Blood Oath, pact 3, $180

Several Orphan Barrels, $180 apiece.

The Saz blew my mind. I can get handles (1.75L) of Saz for 45. 

The BO was almost double the msrp.

The 1792 and old medley were $25 and $30 bucks higher than the rest in town.

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Not today but passed on Weller 12 last week, I've got enough for now.

More than 20 cases? :P

Nah [emoji6], but I buy more than I drink so I'm trying to resist digging a deeper hole!

I think we are all members of that club.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

32 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

I hear ya. I passed on RHF @$80, OWA @$30, and baby Saz @$30. I would have been more inclined to pick up all 3 of them if I weren't moving at the end of the month and already have too large of a bunker to move. 

Passed; for now at least... This year's Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.     See my new thread in the premiums area.

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nah ;), but I buy more than I drink so I'm trying to resist digging a deeper hole!

17 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

True dat! :P

Cheers! Joe

RHF at $67 (which would normally be a take but a pair of four roses private barrels earlier in the day budgeted me out)

SAOS single barrel cask strength for $58

Col E H Taylor straight rye for $69

just misssed OWA for $27. 

Ha..

baby saz for $79.99

stagg jr for 69.99

CEHT RYE 99.99

CEHT BP 99.99

good grief that was ridiculous

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.