Going to HH Bourbon Heritage Center

DaytonDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello y'all I'm going to do the whiskey connoisseur tour this Saturday and was wondering if y'all had any other suggestions on what to do while in bardstown and also staying the night in downtown Louisville. I was looking into going to the Evan Williams experience and possibly angels evny  was looking for info if they are worth the time. Thanks for any info. Also any special bottles I should look for while at HH gift shop?

The 1792 Barton (Tom Moore) distillery is right there in Bardstown.   I'd take their tour, if you're there with enough time to do it.

Other options are Willett's tour also very close, and/or Jim Beam's tour, not too far away.

Have FUN!!!!

As Rich mentioned, Willett is nearby and JB is about 25 mins up the road (between Bardstown and Louisville). Both of those tours are great but very different. Willett is a smaller setup and feels a bit more like you're at a craft distillery. The Jim Beam tour is awesome but has more of a big-business feel (naturally). Definitely book in advance if you want to do either tour. I wrote more in the thread below but you'll have to wade through a couple pages of Four Roses stuff before you get to Willett and JB: 

Most of the bottles available at the Bourbon Heritage Center were pretty pricey, but I picked up a couple Elijah Craig Barrel Selects for $30/200ml bottle. The others I recall being available were William Heavenhill 14yo (~$250) and Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yo (~$125).

There's a lot of info in other threads about what to do in Louisville, but I thought Garage Bar was cool (if a bit pricey). The next time I'm in Louisville, my priorities are: The Silver Dollar (whiskey bar) and Royal's Hot Chicken (fried chicken).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.