What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, Government Beard said:

God bless

DSC_2054.thumb.JPG.6a7b8349c6898d5657ec91bc2be46f9d.JPG

It is remarkable how much better the old 86 proof was in comparison to the new 80 proof.

For the first day of Fall, I am going to have my first pour of Cooper's Craft. Cheers!

b38fa595cd60b612ace25bebfe014394.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I had a couple of nice pours from a newly acquired ps ER when I got home from work tonight.  All I can say is, "Dayummm!"  :P

Cheers! Joe

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Wild Turkey 101 tasting good tonight. Cheers! 

Hear, hear, I second that.  Enjoying some myself. 

I made a solera bottle almost 2 months ago with four 4Roses PS, WTRB, RRSiB, KCSiB PS, and I believe one or two others (1.5 oz each). It was considerably worse than each individual bourbon. Oh well, you live and learn.  I'm finishing it off now in an old fashioned while listening to The Steeldrivers and watching the Cards cling to their playoff hopes. 

IMG_4117.JPG

Hear, hear, I second that.  Enjoying some myself. 
Hell, let's make it three's company with Wild Turkey 101 tonight. I raise a glass of my first favorite bourbon to toast the start of Fall. Cheers!
0d78fac13e317b65686ddf67e6d0fc06.jpg

3 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

For the first day of Fall, I am going to have my first pour of Cooper's Craft. Cheers!

Please let me know how you like the  Coopers Craft. I've seen a few pop up at the LS near me. 

Last night while watching Episode 4 of the Vietnam documentary by Ken Burns & Lynn Novick, I opened one of my bunkered OWAs.  Half an SB glass-full plus two small ice cubes helped me make it through the night.

Today was a shopping day.  Tonight was leftovers; Old Fashioneds made with JB BIB.  YUM! 

A little pour of Joseph A. Magnus.  What a great whiskey.  I get to participate in a barrel pick of the Magnus this up coming Friday so what better way to prep for it. 

Both of these are tasting great tonight. I've already had a barley wine and a burrito so my palate isn't picking up subtleties to allow a proper tasting with good notes, but they are very nice. 

IMG_3204.JPG

4 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Yes, please let us know what you think.  I've heard mixed reviews of it but at under $30 it tastes good it might be worth springing for a bottle.

WR Double Oaked for the first time tonight - Not sure I prefer it enough over the standard WR to pony up the extra cash, but a tasty pour for sure.

Most likely will get into a recently acquired 4RSB OESK here shortly to wind down the day. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Yes, please let us know what you think.  I've heard mixed reviews of it but at under $30 it tastes good it might be worth springing for a bottle.

I'm not a huge fan of it. It's not bad, but many other $25-$30 bourbons are much better. If you can find it on sale for around $20 or less, give it a try. I probably wont buy anymore unless the price is below $20.

With you Turkey 101 guys in spirit.  Would have joined you but already poured myself a glencairn of RY10 before checking in here.  Not complaining, because this is soooo good.  Feel sorry for the guys who didn't have good experiences with theirs. 

I can't believe we already are enjoying Fall pours. 

Heres to a great fall to you all. 

RHF for me, great pour, very rich, like drinking caramel-berry syrup. 

Cheers. 

IMG_1707.JPG

15 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It is remarkable how much better the old 86 proof was in comparison to the new 80 proof.

Absolutely agree.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.