What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

IMG_1146.JPG

One of my favorites.  I just posted a few days ago about polishing off a bottle.  

great choice!

43 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

One of my favorites.  I just posted a few days ago about polishing off a bottle.  

great choice!

I Agree, its my current absolute favorite. Just picked up 2 more today only to realize after viewing my receipt I was charged for 1 four roses small batch at $35.00 and not 2 CEHT SmB at $39.99. Store is too far away to go back and correct.

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, Dango said:

I Agree, its my current absolute favorite. Just picked up 2 more today only to realize after viewing my receipt I was charged for 1 four roses small batch at $35.00 and not 2 CEHT SmB at $39.99. Store is too far away to go back and correct.

Even better!

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm pretty sure that work's out to a non Poor-Man's 1792 Port Finish

Can I follow Jefferson's business model and bottle/sell for $129.99????

I’ve got a coworker who is new to the bourbon scene so I’ve been giving him some bottles that I’ve just about finished so he can sample. I’ve already given him some Michters and Woodford and to tie it to this thread I’m taking my last pour of some Bulleit 10 tonight before handing over this bottle to him next week. He wasn’t impressed with the Michters. :D

• I like it 1

Yummy, had the chance to try it, it's phenomenal. 
Damn! I wish I would have made the drive to buy a bottle of that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Right now I am working on proofreading one of my brother's new books about KISS albums. Pours of Four Roses Single Barrell will help me focus. Right now "Goin' Blind" plays.8858b6c5727a0306fbfb202563672bd9.jpg

2 of my favorite daily drinkers tonight...
IMG_4950.thumb.JPG.b442ae0f0d80e9a0caa4f005bb448a2f.JPG

Amen to that...add some OWA and that all I would need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

I need to give HMCK10 another try. I must have had a bad barrel. All alcohol burn even at the end of the bottle a few months after opening it. 

Eagle Rare is one of my favorites too. I guess I'll just have to go to the store tomorrow to try a different barrel 

Some HH6BIB tonight. While it's decent I don't quite get all the worship this one gets. I guess it's more the taste:value ratio. I think I actually prefer the 90 proof green label.

I think I'm moving on to something a little richer (taste, not $) after this.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I guess it's more the taste:value ratio.

You just answered your own question. And have you had it out of the fridge on a hot day? That's where it really shines.

7 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Damn! I wish I would have made the drive to buy a bottle of that.

This stuff is gold, for me, it was a little too far away to get one ;-), someone hooked me up with a sample, I could get a bottle on Ebay for €400, pass. 

10 hours ago, flahute said:

You just answered your own question. And have you had it out of the fridge on a hot day? That's where it really shines.

I haven't. Weather just turned so I guess I gotta keep it till next summer. I followed it up last night with some SB blend, and then some Grandpa Weller's Four Grain. I like the spicy kick at the end of GWFG but the SB blend never fails.

Enjoying a pour of the only store picks that I could find here.

Cheers! 

Will

54A3B3AF-C84D-4E3C-A8C9-E4A2F7140CFF.jpeg

Edited by Masset1982
Forgot the picture.

22 hours ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

IMG_1146.JPG

Picked up one of these today. Noticed there is no date or bottle info anywhere on the bottle.  Anyway to know when it was bottled? 

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Enjoying a pour of the only store picks that I could find here.

Cheers! 

Will

54A3B3AF-C84D-4E3C-A8C9-E4A2F7140CFF.jpeg

Cool, you finally found yourself a store pick! Nice

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.