What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In recognition of the upcoming marriage of one of my twin sons this Saturday, finished my last Pappy 15 with them before moving on to ECBP B517.  It was a terrific evening of shared memories and fine whiskey.

• I like it 3

Last right I revisited a favorite from the GBS barrel selections, the 1792FP. If memory had faded, ( it didn't ) of how much I like this one last nights pour was a striking reminder. Brought me right back to the rickhouse, man I love this one.

Had a few drinks tonight, some 2013 4R SiB LE, HMK 10yo. Now i'm having some Blanton's Gold (very nice). 

Cheers! 

Will.

Had a taste of each as I was bottling up some samples to swap. 

Rarebird101 did a review of that WTKS

A lot of Lawrenceburg goodness. 

DD290B7E-475A-4E90-9098-29CC82040DFF.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
Lawrenceburg
  • I like it 2

On 12/13/2017 at 4:54 PM, HoustonNit said:

Do you like it? Not much of a fan.

Lol at someone liking this comment

Edited by Government Beard

Can I show off my new KIA in this thread?? I have about 60 months of payments but it has rims!

IMG_0382.thumb.JPG.aa19b3a4f066abbdbddb66cce790bab0.JPG

Edited by Government Beard

I took the day off. So far I’ve had 17 FRSmBLE, 17 GTS, 17 PHC, a barrel pick of 1792FP, 70s Wild Turkey 8/101, and 2016 WLW. I’m running out of steam but the Parker’s is the most notable pour. It has a musty/funky finish that reminds me of dusty bottles. I like

• I like it 1

Busy week at work, so rewarded myself with some nice pours tonight. Vintage 17 was delicious as usual. I finally picked up another GTS, so I am back into my open GTS from a few years ago. Such good stuff. Enjoy the weekend all.

b76e65b80e40ab9da7dd62becd929ed6.jpg

2a8c7924785df41992adcd2bb46a3079.jpg

• I like it 3

I didn't get a new GTS this year but into last year's again. So good.

20171215_222518-1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 4

Enjoying a pour from this bottle, while watching Attack of the Clones. Can't wait to see The Last Jedi.

I really like this bottle. I will pick up another one, when the opportunity arises. 

Cheers

IMG_2034.JPG

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Clarification
  • I like it 1

some succces with 2.5 parts dickel 12 added to 1 part WT 101.  this ratio keeps the distinctive dickel-buttery corn mouth (which i happen to like) but adds more spicy complexity to the finish...al la  the rye-ish wt 101.   no missing pieces on this one or empty vapor-pocket tastes as when mixing some whiskies.

yum

Some MM46 cask strength PS with a half a cube of ice. This pick was heavy on mocha staves and has some real Mexican chocolate notes to it. 111 proof

Trying the new JPS 16y tonight. Not bad, but definitely not worth the money. Glad I was able to afford one. 

IMG_2461.thumb.JPG.be26cf1fb16f6d6861cc123ac20373a4.JPG

21 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I took the day off. So far I’ve had 17 FRSmBLE, 17 GTS, 17 PHC, a barrel pick of 1792FP, 70s Wild Turkey 8/101, and 2016 WLW. I’m running out of steam but the Parker’s is the most notable pour. It has a musty/funky finish that reminds me of dusty bottles. I like

That 70's WT 101 is great stuff. Twice as dark as WT13.

• I like it 1

I decided to do a little blind tasting with my wife tonight.  

1-. FRSiB store pick OBSQ , first opened Wednesday

2- Blanton's opened first week of September

She tried the FR Wed and did not like it. Tonight was a different story. As she thought it was much better than the Blanton's.   Me, I liked it Wed and clearly thought it was better than the Blanton's.  Usually, we both enjoy Blanton's but  not tonight.    Glad she confirmed as this is my first ever store pick of FR and needed confirmation that it was not just my brain justifying the store pick.    Can't wait to find other FR store picks with different recipes.   image.thumb.jpg.8f487e8a28ad04a8ac1e1acb35cbe323.jpg

Decided to enjoy a few pours following my family Christmas gathering while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  Yes, my wife is making me.  However, she allows me to surf the internet while watching.  I am working on a third pour, each progressively smaller, to empty a bottle of Bakers 107.  I still enjoy emptying bottles to make the bunker "appear" smaller.  Is that a bad thing?

• I like it 2

Hunting in West Texas and the local store didn’t have a great selection, but this is hitting the spot after a chilly evening hunt.

2D335251-A48D-4802-A7B1-BC0CF2191C30.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.