What Dram are you enjoying? Fall 2017

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Switched it up to a much more satisfying cask strength Compass Box Peat Monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balvenie Peated Triple Cask 14yr. Travel Exclusive.

As a lover of lightly peated whiskys (as well as heavier ones), this one is really nice. Long finish, great barnyardy sweetness.

After trying to upload a pic of the above for about 5min several ways with failures at every turn, I've been driven to another drink of it.

• I like it 2

Just downed the last drop from my Laphroaig 10 CS, Batch 2014 Feb. This was an outstanding bottle, and despite being open for 2+ years it kept itself together all the way to the end. You will be missed dearly.

• I like it 1

Arran 12 CS, really tasty especially for the price

Just bought one of those on sale for $61 earlier this week. I'm looking forward to trying it.

After a very long afternoon sitting on a karate testing board we had pizza and beers. I'm home now closing it out with some cask strength Peat Monster a Don Carlos.

Sipping on the last of my 16 year Dailuaine that I got from Scotland! You'll be missed my friend!

Delicious stuff!!

image.jpg

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic

Working through some scotch samples tonight.  Started with Talisker Storm and now I'm digging the Talisker DE.  I really enjoy everything from Talisker....falls into that funky middle range with Springbank.  Somewhere in between sweet/floral and smokey campfire is my sweet spot.

Enjoying some Edradour 15 Fairy Flag tonight.  Love this distillery and this is my favorite of their products.  

IMG_6728.JPG

5 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Enjoying some Edradour 15 Fairy Flag tonight.  Love this distillery and this is my favorite of their products.  

IMG_6728.JPG

Very progressive of you :o

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Very progressive of you :o

Lol.  Once you get past the name and learn about the Scottish history of the name, it makes more sense.

1 hour ago, NDN98 said:

Lol.  Once you get past the name and learn about the Scottish history of the name, it makes more sense.

Once you get past the name you gotta come to terms with that label that was clearly designed in MS Paint. And don't get me started on the tube art.

But otherwise I miss that soapy sherry goodness. I need to explore Edradour a bit more.

Edited by Kane

Opened my mini of Crown Royal Northern Harvest that I'd bought out of curiosity. Best whiskey my ass.

It has *no* nose.

It tastes like a cheap blend.

It burns hotter than the CEHT BP I have on the side here.

It can't get anywhere near Lot 40.

WTF? I am really disappointed.

No, really, this is mind boggling! How can this even be considered a sipping whiskey, forget best whiskey? I'd drop $200 on something remotely interesting, but I'm pissed I paid $15 for this.

EDIT: Double post. I made it more interesting.

Edited by Kane

12 hours ago, Kane said:

No, really, this is mind boggling! How can this even be considered a sipping whiskey, forget best whiskey? I'd drop $200 on something remotely interesting, but I'm pissed I paid $15 for this.

EDIT: Double post. I made it more interesting.

At least you didn't buy a whole bottle.  I've never tried it because I expected it was probably more aweful than not 

I really don't think CRNHR is all that bad. Did it deserve all the accolades that it received? No! However, for the money I actually enjoy it occasionally. It is definitely not hot to me. In fact my biggest complaint is that it's too smooth and needs to be higher proof. It almost sounds like we are drinking different products.

26 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I really don't think CRNHR is all that bad. Did it deserve all the accolades that it received? No! However, for the money I actually enjoy it occasionally. It is definitely not hot to me. In fact my biggest complaint is that it's too smooth and needs to be higher proof. It almost sounds like we are drinking different products.

Yeah same here, I mixed some of the 103 proof Hand Selected in to mine to give it some bite.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.