What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2017-2018

Nm0369
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll kick off the new thread with this Bowmore I picked up today.  From what I can gather, the 17yr is discontinued and this label was phased out in 2007.  

IMG_0924.thumb.JPG.1770dca3fb97748c79cb07dbf6634657.JPG

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I'll kick off the new thread with this Bowmore I picked up today.  From what I can gather, the 17yr is discontinued and this label was phased out in 2007.  

Nice not a bad price on that either!

My first bottle from each of these distilleries, found a place that has a few dusty Signatory bottlings at a pretty good price will be going back at some point, they also had some dusty Arran single barrels and the prices were fair, if I hadn't already grabbed the other two bottles in the pic...

IMG_20171001_203659623.jpg

8 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

My first bottle from each of these distilleries, found a place that has a few dusty Signatory bottlings at a pretty good price will be going back at some point, they also had some dusty Arran single barrels and the prices were fair, if I hadn't already grabbed the other two bottles in the pic...

IMG_20171001_203659623.jpg

That Kilkerran 12yr is a great dram for the money.  I've had a few different Kilchoman offerings and they were all respectable.  They do a good job with younger whisky, similar to Bruichladdich.

Birthday coming up and the wife and I are moving into our new home this week so I thought I'd better get something to celebrate... decent price too (compared to TWE and MoM). 

2017-10-02_1213.png

Anybody opened a current bottling of Pulteney 12 year recently? Got a flyer on a decent price (under $40) and may take a flyer on one...

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, beasled said:

Birthday coming up and the wife and I are moving into our new home this week so I thought I'd better get something to celebrate... decent price too (compared to TWE and MoM). 

2017-10-02_1213.png

RESPECT!

On 9/30/2017 at 10:11 PM, Nm0369 said:

Great find and great price!  Congrats!

Spent waaaay too much money on a Springbank 19yo recharred sherry single cask and a bottle of the committee release of Ardbeg Kelpie (which was just sitting on the shelf!) today.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Spent waaaay too much money on a Springbank 19yo recharred sherry single cask and a bottle of the committee release of Ardbeg Kelpie (which was just sitting on the shelf!) today.

Those 19 yo Springers are spendy.  I just got a bourbon Cask one

I've been hounding the one legitimate Springbank retailer in Indy about the 14yr Bourbon Wood.  It's supposed to hit NY any day, but they don't know if Indiana will receive an allocation.  -_-

18 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

I've been hounding the one legitimate Springbank retailer in Indy about the 14yr Bourbon Wood.  It's supposed to hit NY any day, but they don't know if Indiana will receive an allocation.  -_-

I'd be all over that one too.  Is it being released widely in the States?

6 hours ago, jvd99 said:

I'd be all over that one too.  Is it being released widely in the States?

I want to say there were 9,000 bottles to go around.  That's in line with other LE releases, so I bet Binny's will get some in your area.  

Couldn't resist. My wife bought be the glasses last year for my Birthday and I'd always wished I'd gotten one of the original bottles from the movie...

2017-10-05_1141.png

14 hours ago, beasled said:

Couldn't resist. My wife bought be the glasses last year for my Birthday and I'd always wished I'd gotten one of the original bottles from the movie...

2017-10-05_1141.png

what did you think about this one?

I read it is going to be 27,600 bottles in the states and 11,400 sent abroad.

7 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

what did you think about this one?

I read it is going to be 27,600 bottles in the states and 11,400 sent abroad.

Will be a while before I crack mine. I read somewhere it was 2k bottles in the UK so not sure if I'll see many more. 

7 hours ago, beasled said:

Will be a while before I crack mine. I read somewhere it was 2k bottles in the UK so not sure if I'll see many more. 

Gotcha.  I have found some and not sure if I want to spend this much on a Johnnie Walker Black.  However it is supposed to be smokier and fuller bodied.  I will probably end up buying it. lol

46 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

Gotcha.  I have found some and not sure if I want to spend this much on a Johnnie Walker Black.  However it is supposed to be smokier and fuller bodied.  I will probably end up buying it. lol

To be honest I got it as I wanted the souvenir... 

4 minutes ago, beasled said:

To be honest I got it as I wanted the souvenir... 

well it is a pretty sweet bottle!  and will go well with the glasses.  Have you seen the black version of the glasses yet?

56 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

well it is a pretty sweet bottle!  and will go well with the glasses.  Have you seen the black version of the glasses yet?

Not yet will check them out!

Bought the Mortlach last week from a store that had a few Signatory's for $60 a pop, liberated the other two today. Have a buddy who is a scotch guy but won't touch my Islay's when he is at my place so he is more excited than me.

IMG_20171007_172714128.jpg

On 10/7/2017 at 4:54 PM, kevinbrink said:

Bought the Mortlach last week from a store that had a few Signatory's for $60 a pop, liberated the other two today. Have a buddy who is a scotch guy but won't touch my Islay's when he is at my place so he is more excited than me.

IMG_20171007_172714128.jpg

Nice!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.