What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2017-2018

Nm0369
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/26/2017 at 5:19 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Not so sure about the HC15 for me. A fine rum but they wanted more than I thought it was worth when I was in Cuba (the only place I have gotten to try it. Would love to find a bottle of Springer R&K but don't know if I am willing to pay the cost and shipping from across the pond. Unless maybe they are releasing a new bottling of it???

Let us know how they are!

My bottle of HC is most definitely cheaper than your trip to Cuba B) and therefore worth the price

On 10/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, lcpfratn said:

Picked up an Aberlour A'bunadh for $70 at a LS in south MS. Even though I have plenty in the bunker, I can't pass them up at that price. They're around $120 now where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great price for a great dram!

• I like it 1

Macallan Edition 3 is hitting shelves in my area.  I am a huge fan of the edition #2 and have several bunkered, so thought I would see how this compared.  

172131A5-0498-4318-8214-9606E2A5B4D2.jpeg

I picked up a JW Black on Friday, because I had run out, and certain staples should always be on the bar.  

On 10/3/2017 at 7:19 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Spent waaaay too much money on a Springbank 19yo recharred sherry single cask and a bottle of the committee release of Ardbeg Kelpie (which was just sitting on the shelf!) today.

The rechar sherry is a great bottle- bought two myself.

Anyone had this years Cairdeas yet, looking forward to trying that as well as the Spade and Bushel I grabbed while in NH today, Live Free or Die.2804.thumb.jpg.2e074976a0eac6b1a224b1e7a2557614.jpg

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Anyone had this years Cairdeas yet, looking forward to trying that as well as the Spade and Bushel I grabbed while in NH today, Live Free or Die.2804.thumb.jpg.2e074976a0eac6b1a224b1e7a2557614.jpg

I have never seen a little bottle of whistlepig.  find it in a local shop?

2 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

I have never seen a little bottle of whistlepig.  find it in a local shop?

New Hampshire State store.

The Hazelburn R&K suited me so well that I tracked down the Springbank and Longrow versions-- and ended up with a few other Campbeltown bottles (plus the random Bruichladdich I found in Portland)…

IMG_7854.thumb.jpg.3c809fc62c8f428d060d6fb38b973569.jpg

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

The Hazelburn R&K suited me so well that I tracked down the Springbank and Longrow versions-- and ended up with a few other Campbeltown bottles (plus the random Bruichladdich I found in Portland)…

Love Campbeltown...that's a great haul!

Picked up a Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask for $59, which is a pretty good price in my area for one of my favorites.  I have usually kept one on hand, but haven't had a bottle of it this year as I have been exploring other Scotch lately.

Went back to the NH Liquor outlet today with my $50 in gift cards in hand walked out with a Glenfarclas 12 (as well as a new label OF 100) and handed the lady just under a buck, can't beat that!

• I like it 2

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:53 PM, Marekv8 said:

Very nice! Is the Springbank R&K a new bottle or have they been on the shelf for awhile? My recollection is that it originally came out a few years ago but perhaps they have released more?

The Springbank was bottled in January 2012-- I was lucky to find a bottle. The Longrow is from January 2013.

Regarding your post about The Macallan Classic Cut-- I've got an open bottle and will gladly send you a sample. I was hesitant to try it for the same reasons-- but I was offered taste at the bottle shop and found it dangerously drinkable.

Regards, Dave

51 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

The Springbank was bottled in January 2012-- I was lucky to find a bottle. The Longrow is from January 2013.

Regarding your post about The Macallan Classic Cut-- I've got an open bottle and will gladly send you a sample. I was hesitant to try it for the same reasons-- but I was offered taste at the bottle shop and found it dangerously drinkable.

Regards, Dave

Thanks for the offer! I suspect it will make it to a Wednesday tasting in the near future though. Somebody will buy it. Somebody always buys it!

Usually me... :unsure:

Picked up a Balvenie Peat Week.  Looking forward to trying this soon to see if I need to pick up another bottle.

Traveling today and I was finally able to pick up an Ardbeg Uigeadail today. I can't ever find it in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

A bottle of Caol Ila 17yr Unpeated made it here from across the pond today. If it's half as good as I remember from the dram I had while on vacation in Scotland this summer I'll be a happy man

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

A bottle of Caol Ila 17yr Unpeated made it here from across the pond today. If it's half as good as I remember from the dram I had while on vacation in Scotland this summer I'll be a happy man

Isn't that this year's Diageo Special Release? Did that exist in summer?

Edit: Nah that's an older release, this year's was 18yo. Brain not fully functional this morning yet.

Edited by Kane

18 minutes ago, Kane said:

Isn't that this year's Diageo Special Release? Did that exist in summer?

Edit: Nah that's an older release, this year's was 18yo. Brain not fully functional this morning yet.

It's a 2015 release, bottled at 55.9%

Caol Ila.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.