What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2017-2018

Nm0369
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Meeting ended early and I was able to make a quick LS run before hitting the airport. Tough choice, as I only had room for one more bottle.

IMG_8717.thumb.jpg.883184fb3485de52232b793d4879f33c.jpg

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Wow, that’s been sitting around a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've never had a Glenturret either so I'm going in fairly blind but it wasn't priced terribly ($70) and I get really intrigued by old bottlings, now to find something more recent to compare it too!

8 hours ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

Couldn't resist.  Tried all previously except for the Ohishi.

image.jpg

I bet that Ohishi Tokubetsu Reserve is super tasty. I've got a bottle of the standard issue stuff and enjoy it quite a bit. Interesting picks across the board.

IMG_8738.thumb.jpg.99bdff488db9c852d76e59d9a5a9ef3b.jpg

Back in New York for a quick run… the 26yo Strathclyde Single Grain is supposed to be a show-stopper.

IMG_8744.thumb.JPG.9e3f971fc891c1116deb6b05a99eab19.JPG

• I like it 1

I don’t know what I purchase today but I’m excited. Wifey is in SF for a conference and asked if I wanted anything. I gave her a list for K&L and said surprise me with two. I won’t know until Wednesday what she got but she went this afternoon.

15 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I don’t know what I purchase today but I’m excited. Wifey is in SF for a conference and asked if I wanted anything. I gave her a list for K&L and said surprise me with two. I won’t know until Wednesday what she got but she went this afternoon.

Since I’ll be over at your crib for St. Paddy’s in a couple weeks, I’m excited, too!!  :D  Try not to kill whatever it is before I get there...

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

What’s on the list?

What’s on the list?

A few of the K&L single malt selections. They rarely have scotch that I can’t get elsewhere other than their private selections but those a pretty darn good.

A friend is retiring from her job with a local distributer so this was my last order with the friends discount, congrats to her, sad for me!

y4mlL-aa40ELR4a2UoXVZZj7DKJ1SkGgRKb7P-M5

• I like it 2

A few of the K&L single malt selections. They rarely have scotch that I can’t get elsewhere other than their private selections but those a pretty darn good.

She came home with the Old Particular 20 yr CS Highland Park and OP 29 yr Cambus.

• I like it 4

Picked up a Binny's PS Gordan & Macphail 11yr Caol Ila while in the burbs with Mrs. Vosgar yesterday. Unchillfiltered and cask strength, I have high hopes for it as the 7yr old one I have open is very good.

Odd thing happened at the store. They had a tasting of Egan's Irish whiskeys, both the Vintage Grain and the 10yr Single Malt. While the 10yr was decent, it was the Vintage Grain that struck me but when I tried to get a bottle, they had none. Huh????? When I got home I checked their website and sure enough, it's shown as a special order item for that store. What the hell's the point of having someone pouring samples if you don't have the damned stuff to sell?

• I like it 1

The Cadenheads continue. I was very pleased to find the Pulteney in this unadulterated form, given how much I like the doctored and diluted official bottlings.

IMG_8859.thumb.JPG.9524b3644319ae6f2e1ffc4d340ff943.JPG

• I like it 2

Added a couple of bottles in preparation for the weekend, and my upcoming birthday, curiosity defeated reason in the battle in my mind this time.

y4mKz-QLOWocBKTgC7YpUpU9nCc0HVjawcrIfaYG

• I like it 1

Almost bit on two different Signatory bottlings this afternoon, a Glenlivet 2007 and a Caol Ila 2007. They were behind the counter in tubes so I don't know if they were 7, 8, 9, or 10 years old. $74.99 + tax. Not sure if that is a good deal or not but the only independent bottlings of scotch in this area. Yay or nay?

2 hours ago, emr454 said:

Almost bit on two different Signatory bottlings this afternoon, a Glenlivet 2007 and a Caol Ila 2007. They were behind the counter in tubes so I don't know if they were 7, 8, 9, or 10 years old. $74.99 + tax. Not sure if that is a good deal or not but the only independent bottlings of scotch in this area. Yay or nay?

I find peated whisky tends to work a little better at a tender age so without trying I would pass on the Glenlivet. A 10yo Caol Ila might be ok but I would sure rather try it first.

• I like it 1

I've never had redbreast 12 year before, so I thought I should try it this weekend. Plus it's st. Patrick's day. I realize there are other whiskeys here, I'm just being lazy, it's been a long week!. de271c1bb462ea50547db62451522dbd.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, emr454 said:

I know there was an 8 year Caol Ila in the UCF series, do you recall which Signatory series it was? I'm with Bruce in that I would pass on the Glenlivet and would be intrigued by the Caol Ila, the price is a little steep though for my tastes unless it is CS.

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I know there was an 8 year Caol Ila in the UCF series, do you recall which Signatory series it was? I'm with Bruce in that I would pass on the Glenlivet and would be intrigued by the Caol Ila, the price is a little steep though for my tastes unless it is CS.

It was the unchill filtered series. Don't recall the exact abv but it was north of 50%

2 hours ago, emr454 said:

It was the unchill filtered series. Don't recall the exact abv but it was north of 50%

If that was the case I would be tempted for certain.

Not today, but a few day's ago I picked up a Weller 12 locally and a BT SB.  Will open both tonight I think and make a bit of poor man Pappy!!  Probably going to do a 50/50 of Weller 107 and Weller 12...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.