Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chappy6107

johnnie walker black blade runner 2049

Recommended Posts

chappy6107

anyone tried the johnnie walker black blade runner 2049 yet?

 

it is supposed to be 49% and a little smokier and fuller bodied than the standard JW black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

Except for the increase in proof it sounds as little bit like the Double Black. But I haven't tried the new Blade Runner bottle or the Double Black for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chappy6107
On 10/6/2017 at 3:37 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Except for the increase in proof it sounds as little bit like the Double Black. But I haven't tried the new Blade Runner bottle or the Double Black for that matter.

 

Sounds like it will be good.  Minus the price increase that is($80).  But I understand why with it being a one time release and 27,600 bottles in the U.S.  It does come in a beautiful bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NDN98

Saw a bottle at Total Wine last week and was tempted to buy it just for the collector aspect, but decided not too because I am not a JW Black fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot

Haha I'm not even a Blade Runner fan. I like the bottle design too, but yes, not enough to buy a bottle of JW Black.

 

It would be cool if more producers did some cool arty bottle runs. 

 

Bourbons used to do it, but then I guess that was when they had to advertise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t44tq

The Blade Runner is significantly better than the regular Black.

 

49% and definitely a richer, fuller bodied profile. I think it has more Mortlach in it. Whether it is worth 2x is up to you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chappy6107
On 11/9/2017 at 10:58 AM, t44tq said:

The Blade Runner is significantly better than the regular Black.

 

49% and definitely a richer, fuller bodied profile. I think it has more Mortlach in it. Whether it is worth 2x is up to you.

 

well i never ended up picking up a bottle and now they are all gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bhtkevin
On 11/10/2017 at 3:45 PM, chappy6107 said:

well i never ended up picking up a bottle and now they are all gone. 

I have a lead on a few in DFW if you are interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chappy6107
On 1/16/2018 at 11:24 PM, bhtkevin said:

I have a lead on a few in DFW if you are interested. 

Thats ok, I think I have let that itch go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×