Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye!!!!!!

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Holy Headache, Batman.  I sure hope the price is reasonable.  If it is in the Pikesville 110 range adjusted for proof, I'll try at least one.

I always enjoy a KC Rye, this can only get better. It's also time Beam had a regularly available killer rye.

As a fan of the Booker's rye, add me to the group that would welcome a Beam single barrel rye at 115 Proof, and it would seem that $50-$55 would be right to put it around The Pikesville or Russell's Reserve single Barrel group +/-. I just wonder what kind of age these might have. If they followed the KCSB bourbon path with some older juice, then please god give me the strength to limit my purchases to on case at a time.

• I like it 1

Hopefully it is not a peanut butter bomb, like I get from the current KC Rye.  And I don't usually notice a nut taste.

8 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

As a fan of the Booker's rye, add me to the group that would welcome a Beam single barrel rye at 115 Proof, and it would seem that $50-$55 would be right to put it around The Pikesville or Russell's Reserve single Barrel group +/-. I just wonder what kind of age these might have. If they followed the KCSB bourbon path with some older juice, then please god give me the strength to limit my purchases to on case at a time.

KCSB rye store pick at 10-12 years...back the truck up.

The arithmetic average of age for ryes I drink on a regular basis is, what, 3? I hope Beam follows the KC age conventions with this release. Then it could be something really, really special.

Wait . . . is SKU still keeping up on TTB filings, and reporting out via Twitter??  Hell - I might sign up for that just to subscribe to him (or whatever they call it)!

On topic - definitely excited to give this try.  In the interim, I'll fantasize about a GBS private pick (we're overdue for a rye!) ;) 

22 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Typically KC Rye is around 6ish years IIRC. Could be wrong.

Oh. I'll admit that I never looked at the label carefully, since I've only had the KC Rye (many times) in bras. For some reason just assumed it would be around 8-9yr like the bourbon without any basis. At 6yo it's going to compete with Pikesville then.

EDIT: *bars* That was a typo, left without correction for your amusement. I may have a few fantasies, but sipping whiskey in a bra isn't one of them.

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 2

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Oh. I'll admit that I never looked at the label carefully, since I've only had the KC Rye (many times) in bras. 

EDIT: *bars* That was a typo, left without correction for your amusement. I may have a few fantasies, but sipping whiskey in a bra isn't one of them.

Now that's funny. :lol:  Making a late run for post of the year Kane?  ;)

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 2

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, Kane said:

Oh. I'll admit that I never looked at the label carefully, since I've only had the KC Rye (many times) in bras. For some reason just assumed it would be around 8-9yr like the bourbon without any basis. At 6yo it's going to compete with Pikesville then.

Um, sipping whiskey IN a bra is NOT the same as sipping whiskey FROM a bra.  Sister Mary Cookie Jar, infamous English grammar teacher in my wife's past schooling, could explain the difference.

• I like it 2

On 10/8/2017 at 9:38 PM, Kane said:

New avatar is in order, I think!

lumberjack.png

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, beasled said:

New avatar is in order, I think!

lumberjack.png

When drunk, and younger, I was known to sing all verses.  As a first tenor . . .B)  A capella.  Falsetto.  Ah, the things we did as callow youths.

• I like it 1

It is as is the regular 100 proof rye. All comments on age are purely speculative/rumor mill type stuff.

Edited by kevinbrink

Well I'm hoping this will be better than the BH Rye. I couldn't stand that stuff. After three different goes at it I relegated it to wifey's whiskey & ginger ale stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Well I'm hoping this will be better than the BH Rye. I couldn't stand that stuff. After three different goes at it I relegated it to wifey's whiskey & ginger ale stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I like the regular 100 proof KC Rye quite a bit, easily the best of available the Beam Rye's, unless they bottle something significantly younger for the SB, it's hard for me to imagine this isn't going to be pretty great. Admittedly I like BH Rye, though like most I wish it was higher proof, KC Rye is a different breed altogether, more assertive and more spice.  

On 10/8/2017 at 10:49 AM, GaryT said:

Wait . . . is SKU still keeping up on TTB filings, and reporting out via Twitter??  Hell - I might sign up for that just to subscribe to him (or whatever they call it)!

On topic - definitely excited to give this try.  In the interim, I'll fantasize about a GBS private pick (we're overdue for a rye!) ;) 

He may have retired from blogging, but he still tweets the TTB's.

15 hours ago, flahute said:

He may have retired from blogging, but he still tweets the TTB's.

Great to hear!  Now I need to find some 7 yr old to explain Twitter :) 

• I like it 1

On 10/6/2017 at 6:03 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Holy Headache, Batman.  I sure hope the price is reasonable.  If it is in the Pikesville 110 range adjusted for proof, I'll try at least one.

How does $19.99 sound to you?! Granted they’re only selling the 375 at the beloved Va ABC.

4 minutes ago, DCFan said:

How does $19.99 sound to you?! Granted they’re only selling the 375 at the beloved Va ABC.

Of the Single barrel? That is the price of the regular 100 proof here.

11 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Of the Single barrel? That is the price of the regular 100 proof here.

There’s no description of the barrels or proof on the website or even a photo of the bottle.

Edited by DCFan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.