SBer 2006 23yr Pappy

HoustonNit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some the youngins around or at least I would like to gather around the fire and hear from the old timers how this came about?

3849f8d8b626d7e7f7d5bb1f5e48ee54.jpg

• I like it 1

It's privileged information. If we told ya', well you know the deal. :huh: Actually, this was before my time, but some gracious members here have shared theirs with myself and many others in the past. I don't consider myself an expert on Pappy 23 or anything, but I thought this particular one was only so-so.  ^_^

By the way, how'd you come about this? Just asking because you seem to be curious. I reckon I/we can be curious too. Even more so here, because in case you hadn't noticed, the bottle number has been covered up by whoever owned or once owned the bottle pictured.  <_< 

Joe

I thought this particular one was only so-so.  [emoji5]

Yeah I'm sure it's pretty meh. 23 year old bourbon is too old and people on SB wouldn't know how to pick a barrel.

All kidding aside very curious how this worked. Did someone know Julian and worked through him to get a barrel. Did Julian come to SB to offer a barrel.

Is there an original thread.

Actually, these barrels were superb, and yes, we worked with Julian to get them. I still have the original samples of the 6 barrels we picked from.

When things calm down a little in my world, I'll tell you about it.

• I like it 3

Actually, these barrels were superb, and yes, we worked with Julian to get them. I still have the original samples of the 6 barrels we picked from.

When things calm down a little in my world, I'll tell you about it.

I'm sure they where spectacular. Pretty remarkable that you got to choose from 6 barrels.

This thread is nothing, take of business at home and stay safe. Once things settle down and if you're in the mood tell us the story of this famous bottling you guys did.

It's privileged information. If we told ya', well you know the deal. :huh: Actually, this was before my time, but some gracious members here have shared theirs with myself and many others in the past. I don't consider myself an expert on Pappy 23 or anything, but I thought this particular one was only so-

Joe

Joe do me a favor and send me a PM. I tried sending you one but having issues.

Thanks

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Joe do me a favor and send me a PM. I tried sending you one but having issues.

Thanks

You aren't having issues. I received your pm. I chose not to answer because sometimes, and to erroneously quote Shakespeare, "Discretion is the better part of valor."  Maybe one of the members directly involved with the pick will chime in and give you more details. It's all water under the bridge now as far as I'm concerned. 'Nuff ced.

Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.