Seems like more BT products this season

JT3NSB
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I travel a lot for business. It seems to me I am seeing more BT products in general the last half of this year.  More regular BT, Wellers, Stagg Jr., RHF, Elmer, etc.  I've just encountered more than the last few years.  Seem's to me they may be catching up some.  

One thing I noticed a few weeks back when stopping by BT.... Those new warehouses they picked up from the state, are slammed full of barrels.   Not as much soul in those buildings.  They don't even seem to me to be as well ventilated as the old ones.  BUT, they are full and aging.   A good sign for BT fans. 

I was curious if this year was different or if there is always an abundance of allocated in November/October? The pic of the store pick OWA yesterday in memphis got me wondering if we'll soon be seeing store picks of W12?  

I think when we were there a couple of weeks ago they still reportedly had some room in those revived rickhouses but they are starting to get full indeed and they are building more. But this is bourbon that is probably at most 6-7yo hitting the shelves now so we likely have a few more years to wait for W12 to be increasing in availability.

...and Bruce is being generous with a 7 assumption.  Now that the 7yrs age statement is off I'd estimate it's closer to 5-6 max. 

Since W12 IS age stated, that means you're looking at another 6yrs. Depending also on how many barrels are being laid away intentionally for the VW and WLW lines (and let's hope A LOT!)

...before you dismay keep in mind that 5yrs ago nobody could imagine patiently waiting for the new Willett distillate to be 5 years old. It's now 5yrs old. They haven't started releasing it yet en masse (not that it's an en masse production rate anyway at 50 barrels/day), but it's probably right around the corner.

Spend a few years focusing on the emerging rye renaissance and it'll soon be "ooops! Wellers everywhere!"

I loves me a story about newly expanded rackhouses full o' barrels.... that never gets old for me.

Edited by The Black Tot

The email I received from BT a while back said that two of the three warehouses that they bought back from the state were already full, and the last one should be filled by the end of the summer. They're also in the process of building 30 more warehouses on the land they purchased a couple of years ago. In that same email they said that one was already being built, and the foundation was ready on another. I haven't been to BT in a couple of years, so really I'm hoping that I can visit there during our get together next April. I can't wait to see all the changes.

Cheers! Joe

I plan on visiting BT in April too Joe, so maybe a group of us can make the trip. I'd like to make it to 4Roses and WT too if I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

I hope they can coax some funk out of those soulless new buildings....   

Hey man, weren't they warehouses back in the day, before they were converted to offices?

Would you turn down a bottle of 80s BT?

Maybe when the converted them into offices someone was saying "I hope we can coax some bureaucratic efficiency out of these funky old buildings..."

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Hey man, weren't they warehouses back in the day, before they were converted to offices?

Yes, they were.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.