BTAC Announcement

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

What he was telling you (in the words of Lavar Ball) is "Stay in yo' lane, buddy!"

Thanks mbroo. Not that it matters, but the manager of this store is a she, not a he. She's nice, but she seemingly doesn't have a clue as to what's going on most times. I've tried to be as helpful and informative as I could about different things a number of times, but I get the feeling she just doesn't understand. She has my number and has said she'd call me if anything interesting (Weller) came in. I was there last week and asked if any Wellers had come in. She told me I should have came in a day or two sooner because they did get a couple of bottles in. <_<

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks mbroo. Not that it matters, but the manager of this store is a she, not a he. She's nice, but she seemingly doesn't have a clue as to what's going on most times. I've tried to be as helpful and informative as I could about different things a number of times, but I get the feeling she just doesn't understand. She has my number and has said she'd call me if anything interesting (Weller) came in. I was there last week and asked if any Wellers had come in. She told me I should have came in a day or two sooner because they did get a couple of bottles in. <_<

Cheers! Joe

She understood that your number was if whiskey came in, right?  :huh:

Nit? He’s the one who talks about it constantly. Being observant was something I had to master when I started walking a beat in Harry’s neighborhood over 40 years ago (unless he lives in downtown, Georgetown or upper NW). [emoji185]

Sorry talks about what constantly?

7 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

She understood that your number was if whiskey came in, right?  :huh:

Yes. She's said she'd give me a call if any Weller's or other interesting items come in. Last year, when the BTAC came out, I never got a call. She'd just put a bottle or two out here and there. Once, a friend let me know. He told me there were two there, and that he bought one, and there was one left behind the counter. Of course, by the time I called, the one they had left was gone.

Joe

Yes. She's said she'd give me a call if any Weller's or other interesting items come in. Last year, when the BTAC came out, I never got a call. She'd just put a bottle or two out here and there. Once, a friend let me know. He told me there were two there, and that he bought one, and there was one left behind the counter. Of course, by the time I called, the one they had left was gone.

Joe

Joe, It sounds like she has you way down on her call list, and it's all gone before she gets to your name...either that or she's just feeding you a bunch of bullsh**. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe

She probably has different lists for different stuff. Number one on ECBP is creepy guy that always comes in asking about it. Number 1 on Weller list is "Weller whore Joe", also has a note of no LEs for him.

15 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I qualified for Grand Reserve this year but it freaks me out the way every TW location seems to do things differently. There seems to be no way to know what to expect.

So far I have heard exactly NUTHIN' from them.

Aside from Pappy and BTAC, I don't think there is a policy on allocated items. Each store can do as they wish.

Joe, you've been telling your jokes to her her, haven't you...

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Joe, you've been telling your jokes to her her, haven't you...

No. She wouldn't understand them. :wacko:

Cheers! Joe

Its hard to follow something after 30 minutes.

5 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Its hard to follow something after 30 minutes.

Three guys walk into a bar, .........................................................................................................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Okay then, I'll have what he's having.

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

My main LS just posted they’ve got it in, and judging from the picture they shared it appears they got quite a lot. The last few years I’ve been offered one bottle, but I have become better acquainted with the staff and spent a lot more money this year, so I’m hopeful they’ll let me buy 2 or 3. Should be getting the call tomorrow a.m.  So tonight I’m debating myself on which bottles I would choose if given the opportunity. I’m thinking GTS and WLW would be primary goal, but if given the choice for an ER17 that would be hard to pass up ... don’t know that I’ve ever even tried a bourbon that old before, so tough to compare... without having sampled this years releases (or maybe you have) what would the other forum members preference order be if given chance to choose from all five?

33 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

My main LS just posted they’ve got it in, and judging from the picture they shared it appears they got quite a lot. The last few years I’ve been offered one bottle, but I have become better acquainted with the staff and spent a lot more money this year, so I’m hopeful they’ll let me buy 2 or 3. Should be getting the call tomorrow a.m.  So tonight I’m debating myself on which bottles I would choose if given the opportunity. I’m thinking GTS and WLW would be primary goal, but if given the choice for an ER17 that would be hard to pass up ... don’t know that I’ve ever even tried a bourbon that old before, so tough to compare... without having sampled this years releases (or maybe you have) what would the other forum members preference order be if given chance to choose from all five?

GTS, Saz, WLW

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I haven't tried this year's but from reading reviews and past year's experience I would rank them:

1:WLW

2:GTS

3:THH

4:ER17

5:SAZ18

I MIGHT consider passing on GTS in the short term inhopes of finding one later since the release numbers are so high this year.

• I like it 1

Thanks for the input guys. 

Read about five reviews which were all over the place, but I suppose it’s a very subjective thing. Only GTS seemed to be a consistent favorite among the reviews, so I think that will be a no brainer if I get the chance. I may be able to get a Kentucky Owl Rye tomorrow too, in which case I would probably pass on the Saz as my second bottle of BTAC.  If I get that chance, I’ll probsbly go WLW, but for how much I love Baby Saz, I’m pretty interested in trying it as uncut and unfiltered honey barrels, which is pretty much what THH is right?

I’ll report back tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, Paddy said:

^^^^I'd go for the WLW.  I'd also take the Saz 18 over the Ky Owl. 

As between the WLW and THH that’s almost certainly the choice I’d make on the spot... and you bring up a good point on the Owl. Based on what I paid for BTAC the last few years at this store, the Owl might actually be more expensive than the Saz, which could change the calculus.

On 10/15/2017 at 4:39 PM, The Black Tot said:

I qualified for Grand Reserve this year but it freaks me out the way every TW location seems to do things differently. There seems to be no way to know what to expect.

So far I have heard exactly NUTHIN' from them.

Was talking to a TW manager today who was super pissed about how they are handling it here this year. He said the concierge sent out emails today to grand reserve members to make picks of 1 bottle of BTAC and 1 bottle of Pappy and that the process is open for a few weeks, then in 8-10 weeks they can come and get bottles. So if what he said is right for here, the grand reserve members that did qualify likely won't be seeing it until early 2018.

5 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

Was talking to a TW manager today who was super pissed about how they are handling it here this year. He said the concierge sent out emails today to grand reserve members to make picks of 1 bottle of BTAC and 1 bottle of Pappy and that the process is open for a few weeks, then in 8-10 weeks they can come and get bottles. So if what he said is right for here, the grand reserve members that did qualify likely won't be seeing it until early 2018.

See? That freaks me out. I didn't get any email today. Is that for Arizona TW GR members then?

This program clearly lacks consistency!

I don't care if it takes until June 2018, but I'd like to know if I've got a bottle  in the pipeline or not.

Edited by The Black Tot

10 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

See? That freaks me out. I didn't get any email today. Is that for Arizona TW GR members then?

This program clearly lacks consistency!

I don't care if it takes until June 2018, but I'd like to know if I've got a bottle  in the pipeline or not.

Exactly! I am $200 away from GR for this year, and I thought it would have more of a set system.

That is what he told me that he has been told for the grand reserve members this year in AZ. He said that the higher-ups change the process ever year because it is their 'pet project'. I've been pestering managers at various total wines here, and have gotten different answers from most of them - a few weeks ago a different manager said that BTAC would be on the customer service counter for first come first serve, and only pappy was done via email registration. The guy I talked to tonight is the one I trust though (he is a whisky drinker himself and has over 200,000 points at TW this year - as in $20k spent, and he isn't allowed to get any of it.) 

• I like it 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:50 AM, DCFan said:

Coming from an ABC state with its own online lottery, could someone splain to me how a private retailer holds their lottery?  Thanks.

Sounds like the Party Source is planning an "Easter Egg Hunt" this year for at least part of the allocation!

Dear The Party Source Customers,

We will be releasing our allotments of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection and Old Rip Van Winkle and Pappy Van Winkle products this year in a variety of ways, over an undisclosed and ongoing period of time. Firstly, a raffle event will begin Wednesday, November 1st. Any and all may sign up for the raffle IN STORE ONLY; no purchase necessary. Names will be taken through November 26th. Drawings will occur after November 26th, with exact dates TBD. Winners of raffle drawings are eligible to purchase the specific preselected products for each drawing. Secondly, some of the aforementioned products will also be placed on our store shelves in varying locations at varying times. Additionally, be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook as we will have sporadic tips and special announcements on other release methods and times.

Thank you for your patronage and best of luck on your hunt this season!

Cheers,

-The Party Source Liquor Department

Maybe that will keep some of the flippers busy in the area as they have to go everyday looking for a random bottle...

• I like it 1

Looks like my fantasizing was for nought.  I've been offered just a single bottle, the GTS for $150. . . nonetheless, the manager informed me it will be the first bottle of GTS they've sold this year, which makes me suspect I must be high on their loyal customer list, so maybe if they go into a second round of loyal customer offerings I'll get a shot at another bottle.  Oh well, I'm ecstatic about getting the GTS alone, so anything more would just be a cherry on top!  Cheers!

• I like it 1

I'll await news on the first fight at Party Source when 2 customers find a hidden bottle on the shelf at the same time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.