What Beer Did You Purchase - Fall 2017

JoeTerp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been slowly going through this case of Cook's Beer I got from Big Red.  Anyway, I read an ad for a new Budweiser brand, made with molasses.  A light bulb went on.  That's the flavor I get from Cook's - molasses.

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

I have been slowly going through this case of Cook's Beer I got from Big Red.  Anyway, I read an ad for a new Budweiser brand, made with molasses.  A light bulb went on.  That's the flavor I get from Cook's - molasses.

Interesting, Paul.  I don’t know if it’s the same brewery, but my dad used to buy Cook’s when I was a kid.  He liked it, especially for the price, as he wouldn’t shell out the $ for Bud, etc, except on special occasions.  

Ive had the new Budweiser with molasses.  It’s a limited run, much in the vein of the Prohibition Recipe they did at the end of 2017.  It does have a tinge of molasses or sorghum taste go it.  It is “OK”, but I don’t like it nearly as much as the Prohibition I had.  I thought that one was very good.  

The Cook's brewed by GJS Sales in Lacrosse WI is much different compared to Cook's from a few years ago.  I think it was originally from Evansville IN.  The earlier version was basically like generic light beer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.