Cheap but Good Glasses

Hop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was walking around Costco with my wife and daughter this weekend and came across this set of 4 lead crystal glasses for $12.99.  Picked up one of the displays and was immediately impressed with the weighted bottom and clarity of the glass.  Bought a set because it's not possible to have too many glasses just like it's not possible to have too much bourbon.  

Very impressed with using them the last couple of evenings - not worried about current production lead crystal leaching the lead either.  

image.png.17a61941ecb9b8cc2dff3f948ad6f039.png

17 minutes ago, Hop said:

^^ I really should read the box these came in better... they are lead free crystal

Well, that doesn't mean they aren't nice looking!  And, if they don't leak, so much the better.B)

If anyone is looking for cheap glasses, you might want to check out garage/estate sales, and thrift (Goodwill and Salvation Army) stores. A few years ago, there was an estate sale a couple of blocks from my house. We were there on a Sunday, which was the last day of the sale. Everything was marked 30 % off. I bought two Glencairns for 70 cents each.  Another time, my wife and I stopped at a Chinese restaurant and ordered something to take home for dinner. We decided to take a look at the Goodwill store next door while we were waiting for our food. I found a Glencairn for a $1.00. Ya' just never know. ^_^ 

Cheers! Joe

gc.jpeg.6bc7e8cb1b4b7910ad19db6dc1fa54f7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

My wife had gotten a Glencairn last year during one of her Woman Who Whiskey events in Central Mass. It's mine now. :)

We've been trying to find a few more via yard sale, consignment shop, etc. but no luck yet.

2 hours ago, georgemoe said:

My wife had gotten a Glencairn last year during one of her Woman Who Whiskey events in Central Mass. It's mine now. :)

We've been trying to find a few more via yard sale, consignment shop, etc. but no luck yet.

Keep an eye out here:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.