Moving to Little Rock, packing the bourbon, got ??

PowderKeg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a promo that requires a move to Little Rock, so I'm packin' up the mini bunker.  Planning on a final trip to Total Wine in Louisville before the final trip down for some apparent unobtainium or sig cheaper prices (OFitz BiB, WR DblO, MM CS, HH BiB, Willet PS & PKXO, maybe a few others).   Have been by several LS in NLR, what are the thoughts on the better ones in the general area?   Ace LC in Cabot seemed decent (scored an OF 1920 for a great sale price), any others that are a must see for selection and esp price?   How about Memphis or east Texas areas too?  Would love to score a W12 at retail (only at retail, not worth what the bourbon pimps pump it up to).

20171020_092131.jpg

You likely won't be able to score a W12 in the Memphis area without paying up for it or having a relationship with a store. All liquor stores in Tennessee are small businesses and separately owned, so being a regular customer and building relationships is the key to scoring any allocated or LE bottles at most stores. Most of that stuff never sees the shelf. There are always exceptions, of course, but then you just have to be lucky and walk into a store on the right day at the right time. Good luck with your move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on a  seperate note, you're a brave man with all that weight on that folding table!   Id be checking it daily worried it would bucket with my goodies on it!

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

on a  seperate note, you're a brave man with all that weight on that folding table!   Id be checking it daily worried it would bucket with my goodies on it!

Yeah I pondered that after I pulled everything out, so I boxed a bunch of it up quick....

• I like it 1

I was in Memphis a few weeks ago and visited 4-5 LS and found the selection to be pretty decent. There were many store pick selections available. More than I see here in Boston. 

Little Rock is my home town, can’t wait to get back there. There are lots of stores in the metro area that have a great selection. Colonial Wine and Spirits has a great selections, but gets a ton of traffic. I have found several great bottles there. If you make it up to fort smith and Fayetteville, you can find some hidden gems up that way. My buddy has scored 18 yr ER and Pappy multiple times over the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/21/2017 at 7:25 PM, PowderKeg said:

Got a promo that requires a move to Little Rock, so I'm packin' up the mini bunker.  Planning on a final trip to Total Wine in Louisville before the final trip down for some apparent unobtainium or sig cheaper prices (OFitz BiB, WR DblO, MM CS, HH BiB, Willet PS & PKXO, maybe a few others).   Have been by several LS in NLR, what are the thoughts on the better ones in the general area?   Ace LC in Cabot seemed decent (scored an OF 1920 for a great sale price), any others that are a must see for selection and esp price?   How about Memphis or east Texas areas too?  Would love to score a W12 at retail (only at retail, not worth what the bourbon pimps pump it up to).

20171020_092131.jpg

That looks like too much to pack up and take all the way to Little Rock.  If you need to you can drop by my house in E'town on the way out of town and I can take some of it off your hands, especially the Stagg Jr., RHF, ETL, well just about any of those would do. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.