Purchased any new rye lately? (Fall 2017)

bourbon4all
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m still only seeing the Willett 3 Year Rye in NJ. Have they been releasing 4-5 year old product? I know I’ve seen some single barrels, but are those KY only?

Local ABC cutting its losses on The Black Prince. Most sale items are only on sale for a month. 

57100D48-2E54-4C2C-9B73-703AF4B0EAEF.png

On 4/1/2018 at 8:38 AM, Charlutz said:

Local ABC cutting its losses on The Black Prince. Most sale items are only on sale for a month. 

57100D48-2E54-4C2C-9B73-703AF4B0EAEF.png

A little bit surprised as these have actually been selling in VA for $500.

I just bought two SAOS 7 rye 99 proof for the bunker, it's becoming hard to find so i'm buying some every time i'm seeing it. Having a pour right now, man, it's pretty good. 

Will. 

44 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I just bought two SAOS 7 rye 99 proof for the bunker, it's becoming hard to find so i'm buying some every time i'm seeing it. Having a pour right now, man, it's pretty good. 

Will. 

I haven't seen any of that in at least 2 years.

45 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I haven't seen any of that in at least 2 years.

There is still some old stock here in Europe, but it’s gonna be gone soon. What was the retail price of those in the US ??

Will.

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

There is still some old stock here in Europe, but it’s gonna be gone soon. What was the retail price of those in the US ??

Will.

I don't really remember..but I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range...maybe as low as $35 occasionally. 

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't really remember..but I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range...maybe as low as $35 occasionally. 

That is my recollection as well

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

That is my recollection as well

I'm paying €35-€50 for a bottle at the moment, worth it to me. had a glass yesterday, it's pretty tasty. 

Will.

Picked up a KC SB pick, I think one of the first that’s hit down here, really excited to try it. My hope it’ll be half as good as the THH.

Also I was excited about the 6 year statement until I checked the barreling date.

Oops

1d196bf69fa36286bb8d5c703ebcd922.jpg

2db47730a8e7772268f2c7fd56301b72.jpg

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Also I was excited about the 6 year statement until I checked the barreling date.

Oops

2db47730a8e7772268f2c7fd56301b72.jpg

D'oh.

Is that a separate sticker added by the folks who did the barrel selection?

D'oh.

Is that a separate sticker added by the folks who did the barrel selection?

I believe they or the distributor put it on. It’s really good even with a misprint.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I believe they or the distributor put it on. It’s really good even with a misprint.

If I recall correctly this is not the first misprint revealed here in the past couple months. Makes me think bad thoughts...

I don't actually know, but around here I have never seen a KC pick with a label stating the age, I have always assumed that the stores or distributers added those labels which is why I never paid much attention to them in other peoples posts, they don't have a consistent format like the labels on 4R Single Barrels or the gold BT stickers. If Beam offered to put them on, why wouldn't everyone have them labeled?

5+ years was about the age of the samples for a Rye Barrel pick we got. Anybody see one that is at least 6?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 2:05 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

5+ years was about the age of the samples for a Rye Barrel pick we got. Anybody see one that is at least 6?

My local received theirs last week and they were all top floor....4, 5, and 6. The 4 and 6 are most interesting. Not sure if they will get one or not. I didn't have much time on Friday when we tried it so we didn't get it proofed down yet. The kit now comes with a proofing chart and marked test tube though which is neat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.