What Beer Are You Drinking Fall/Winter 2017-'18

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some of the Porters and Stouts you'd ever have.

huzzah
IMG_0561.thumb.JPG.9f76cd693fe33f0adcb4a8676a6323b5.JPG

Oh chicory, surprised this isn’t added more often to stouts and porters.

My grammar sucks, and your grammar above wasn’t much better. Did you like it?

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Oh chicory, surprised this isn’t added more often to stouts and porters.

My grammar sucks, and your grammar above wasn’t much better. Did you like it?

Haha. Right, touché. I'm missing words left and right. 

Yes, very tasty. LMK if you need to try one. Huzzah.

Thanks Gov Beard, I’m sure once the local crafts see that the west coast guys are adding chicory they’ll do the same in no time.

Well, that was a long first day back...

Grabbed the last SweetWater Festive Ale from the fridge to finish up the Holiday Brews.  This year's SWFA was a little too heavy on the black licorice notes, but it was  nice and creamy and more balanced, otherwise.  Sometimes this release can just be too much of everything.  All in all, a decent effort.

IMG_4459.JPG

Mrs PG and I shared a 750ml of Boulevard Imperial Stout with Coconut, a 2016 release, on New Year's day. At 11% ABV, it was hard to tell if there were any deleterious effects because it was past its best by 10/2017 date.

Mrs PG and I shared a 750ml of Boulevard Imperial Stout with Coconut, a 2016 release, on New Year's day. At 11% ABV, it was hard to tell if there were any deleterious effects because it was past its best by 10/2017 date.

If it was stored properly, I am sure it was fine, and could probably age even more.

I had my own Porter with Coconut last evening, an Oskar Blues Death By Coconut. I was expecting it to be a “coconut bomb”, which it was not. Just a nice desserty Porter with a nice coconut flavor.

1883c2304739adabaf8b28bae4da1b30.jpg
  • I like it 1

A few light beers we had in a beer share on NYE. Unfortunately not that many of our regular beer drinkers in attendance due to various illnesses and/or an aversion to the rather chilly evening.

5a4eeea0c95a6_BruerySaulebeer.JPG.53b60ebccdc9c066c1ad4d537b9ce32e.JPG

The Cascade Kriek was used to make mulled wine style drink to shake off he chill. After that it got pretty intense. :wacko:

Enjoyed both the HW Victory and the Willettized Lagunitas although I thought the HW was a bit boozier and more enjoyable. The Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux was our midnight "champagne".

I think the Evil Twin/Westbrooke Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break (talk about throwing in the kitchen sink) was probably the best of what we had that night but it got to be so much that I decided not to open the Bruery Saule 9th Anniversary beer I brought because I wasn't sure at that point we could do it justice. Even if it was a very light 16.1% ABV beer...

• I like it 1

Really enjoying this Budweiser Repeal Reserve.  Very drinkable, but with a nice maltiness to give it goid structure.  It would be nice if this becomes a regular release.  

IMG_4465.JPG

^Nice steins, mugs, I haven’t seen that repeal anywhere, I’d pick up a six pack if I found it.

This a 2015 bottle with Guinness Stew after the Bills couldn’t score a freaking touchdown.

a168776e89521fedddecb1db6abfa8b1.jpg

• I like it 1

f1c63a8caea7f02eede831c21444242e.jpg
Found a four pack of these today. They are pretty darn tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1c63a8caea7f02eede831c21444242e.jpg
Found a four pack of these today. They are pretty darn tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed really enjoy this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.