Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey Junkie

Deanston 20 Yr

Whiskey Junkie

I came across a bottle of this Deanston 20 yr finished in Olorosso (spelling?) casks for 139 plus tax. Thoughts?

tanstaafl2

Hard to know. Do you like Deanston? Do you like the Highland style in general? Do you like other sherry finished whisky? It is cask strength at about 110pf it appears (or at least higher proof), non chill filtered, fully matured in the Oloroso sherry casks for 20 years and an age stated whisky to boot so that sounds like it is probably a decent price for it.

Only one thing left to do to see if you like it and think it is worth the money...

tanstaafl2
9 hours ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

I came across a bottle of this Deanston 20 yr finished in Olorosso (spelling?) casks for 139 plus tax. Thoughts?

The Deanston 20yo Oloroso  whisky I am seeing online says it is fully matured in sherry so if yours is the same that will almost certainly make the sherry profile very strong.

I have not tried it myself.

Whiskey Junkie

Thank you for your replies.  I am going to check it out again and make sure I get a good look at it.  Just keep wondering what else I could find that is not an everyday and better value fot$160.

Whiskey Junkie

I cracked lol, went back and cut a deal for 160all in.  Maybe open it soon.