Whiskey Advocate- Whiskey of the Year 2017

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, lcpfratn said:

I’m pretty sure they are only having three releases in 2017, and that may be the standard release schedule going forward. I expect the next batch to be A118.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope future releases have the same availability as B517.  I have yet to see a C917 but I have seen several B517.

Seems like fairly good reviews on the B batch.  My LE has a couple of bottles available still but priced a bit high at $80.  Thoughts on picking one up??  It must be pretty good if it was Whisky of the year??

4 minutes ago, Schultz24 said:

Seems like fairly good reviews on the B batch.  My LE has a couple of bottles available still but priced a bit high at $80.  Thoughts on picking one up??  It must be pretty good if it was Whisky of the year??

It sounds like you have not had a bottle of this ECBP.  Have you ever had ECBP?  If not, and you never see it, then you might consider it.  A fair price is an individual decision.  It also depends on your desire and ability to pay that price.   I would not be a buyer at $80 but if I have not seen it nor have never had an ECBP then I might consider it.  I have seen the 2017 ECBPs priced between $59.99 and $69.99 so $10 more is not a lot.  I am not trying to be an enabler but another way to look at it is that a solid 2 ounce pour would be $10.  You get about 26 ounces per bottle so that is a $130 value if you like the whiskey.  Now, I am on my third pour of Bakers so I probably feel smarter than I am.  Of course, my wife says that is the case regardless of alcohol consumption.

• I like it 1

I see that pricing quite a bit these days, and the cheapest I’ve seen it in the last few months was around $65. If you’ve never tried it, you may want to pick up a bottle even at that price. As soon as you do, you’ll find it cheaper somewhere else, but you’ll know if you like it. It’s high proof, so you may need to add some water if you’re not accustomed to higher proof bourbon.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I see that pricing quite a bit these days, and the cheapest I’ve seen it in the last few months was around $65. If you’ve never tried it, you may want to pick up a bottle even at that price. As soon as you do, you’ll find it cheaper somewhere else, but you’ll know if you like it. It’s high proof, so you may need to add some water if you’re not accustomed to higher proof bourbon.

Totally agree, I’ve lucked out and found several bottles at $59.99 but I’d pay $80 for it without blinking. 

I just picked up two bottles today at $60 a piece. If you like heaven hill juice and haven't had any I would pay the $80 as well.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I’m pretty sure they are only having three releases in 2017, and that may be the standard release schedule going forward. I expect the next batch to be A118.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks guys!

Cheers!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, lcpfratn said:

I know of only the three batches so far this year as well. Have not heard of another release this year and something similar to the schedule of this year seems reasonable. Although I don't have any confirmation that it will be the case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.