Barton 1792 Distillery Releases Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

I love what they're doing with this flagship brand.  

I so agree.  They continue to expand the brand in exactly the directions that enthusiasts want, while keeping it affordable and available.  Beautiful packaging to boot and all done with little fanfare.  Now, if they were to just bottle up a nicely aged and adequately proofed 1792 Straight Rye, It'd be the cherry on top.

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

OMFG, Joe!!  I promised my wife that I'd make no more bulk buys this year.  I'm already trying to figure out how and when I'm going to pick up a few Saz/BT/ASmithBowman/port finished, just released whiskey @ $40 per without breaking that promise when YOU complicate my life.  The space allocated for that Isaac Bowman in my car trunk may have to be RE-allocated to 1792 BIB.

Um, if the ground is not too hard, maybe I could bury some in the garden plot.  I'm supposed to shovel in some compost this month, and that would give me until FEB or MAR 2018 when she starts planting peas and lettuce to figure out where else to stash it.

Ah, the problems of modern living,  . . .:unsure:

I definitely want to try this one.  Hopefully the release is big enough that this doesn't go to lottery in Virginia (where all the 1792's other than the flagship Small Batch and Single Barrel go).

On 11/18/2017 at 12:15 PM, smokinjoe said:

I so agree.  They continue to expand the brand in exactly the directions that enthusiasts want, while keeping it affordable and available.  Beautiful packaging to boot and all done with little fanfare.  Now, if they were to just bottle up a nicely aged and adequately proofed 1792 Straight Rye, It'd be the cherry on top.

More expansion but not straight rye. Saw a new one on the Binny’s site today, Kelsey Creek. Specifically  advertised as, “From the makers of Buffalo Trace” but also “distilled in Bardstown, KY”. Available as a small batch and single barrel. I see our buddy Joe M or whoever did the tasting notes doesn’t mention the deal breaker banana notes always there for me in Barton bourbon distillate ????. 

http://www.binnys.com//whiskeyhotline

After posting this I see Kelsey Creek been around since 2015 but is new to the Illinois market.

Edited by T Comp

I for one am leery of expecting Barton to do any limited release properly... after the way they screwed their best people (us!) over during the KBF week last September.

..."Wait 'til tomorrow!   It'll be at the Gift Shop.    Everybody come on over and grab some." 

Then they put out 6-bottles!!!!! ...Out of the several thousand or whatever they cased up a day or two earlier.    That, my friends is a BULLS_IT way to treat people!!

And, this isn't the first time this type of crap has happened.    Think back to the 1792 High Rye, or Sweet Wheat.    Anybody ever get any of that stuff at the gift shop?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.