What's on your list of bourbons to buy?

Bourbon Fanatic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey all!

Not sure if this has been a thread before, but I think it would be interesting to list off the bourbons you all are planning on buying next. 

I think it would also be interesting to read the thought process behind why you haven't bought this in the past and why you want to buy it now (if you have bought it in the past, what makes it a repeat purchase?)

I'll start (not necessarily in order):

- ECBP C917 (haven't bought it because I haven't seen it yet, but I want to SBS compare it to my B517)

- 4R PS OESV (haven't bought it because I haven't been able to find ANY PS 4R bottles)

- CEHT SmB & SiB (not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger on the SmB, as for the SiB it is priced above MSRP whenever I can find it)

- Baker's 7 (no real good reason as to why I haven't bought this yet)

- OF 1920 (I've bought one of these bottles and it was AMAZING! I definitely need to buy another bottle)

I want to hear from everyone out there - maybe this will give me ideas and force me to add to my list :D.

Cheers! Jordan

If I get a chance I will buy the latest FR SmB LE if the price is reasonable. But so far I haven't seen it in the wild as it seems to be particularly late arriving this year in my area. That would pretty much close out the LE hunting season for me after which I can go back to "regular" bottles. Although at the moment I don't have anything else specific on my "wish list" so it might just be whatever bottle happens to catch my eye next. Fortunately I have plenty in the house to catch my eye and it wouldn't hurt to cull the herd at home a bit! 

• I like it 1

ECBP B517, have 2 batches in the old bottle, looking forward to adding what is reported to be the best in some time.

OF Prohibition Style, have one bottle, want to pick up another or two for the stash.

OF Signature, just tried this the other night and loved the strong cherry.  Will be picking up the biggest bottle I can find.

ER10, want to pick up another 1.75L for the stash.

• I like it 1

These are just about an immediate purchase if I find them in the wild at a fair price (BTAC and LE stuff obviously)

-Four Roses store picks. I have at least one bottle of all ten recipes and am working on multiples of certain recipes 

- OWA

- Blantons (like to keep 4 or so on hand and also are good gifts

-Rock Hill Farms

-Evan singles pre 2007

I also am inclined to stock up on store picks of WTKS or Russells Reserve. 

• I like it 1

• More 4RPS. I just got an OESF that is really good, not sure if I will get another or try a different recipe.
  • Stagg Jr Batch 9 - this should be hitting stores here soon, and I'm down to about 1 bottle of Batch 8 left.
  • Belle Meade 10 year cask strength, I've always wanted to try a cask strength MGP bottling and this seems to be easier to find than SOAS these days.
  • Not bourbon, but probably another bottle of Cognac Park at some point, the last I had was Borderies which was excellent. I ordered a sample set with 6 mini bottles of their various offerings which I will probably crack open for Christmas.
Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 1

I keep this list in my phone. These are bottles that I’ve never purchased. Most of these are easy to find, but I’m TRYING to empty some of the opens before i buy more. This is also nice to send to those asking what i want for Christmas.  :D

25C11ED9-E2D5-4F7D-A117-B56F07452F24.png

• I like it 2

I keep multiple bourbon lists on my phone too. 

Glad I’m not the only one. 

I’ll also add Rebel Yell 10 year single barrel to the list. 

Edited by Mako254
Rebel yell
  • I like it 2

• I've got 6/10 of the 4R SiB, so I'm always on the lookout for the missing 4
  • OF1920 was on this list, but finally bought one today
  • Waiting patiently for the BTAC release here.  I'd be happy with any of the 3 bourbons.
  • EC C917
  • I'd like to  get some ER10 PS to bunker
  • RHF has always been on my list, never seen one
  • I'd like to find some of the international bottles- Blantons, WT, etc
  • EC18 or 23 I'd buy on the spot if I ever came across one 
  • CEHT BP or any special releases
  • Always need more W12, can never have enough of those 
  • Ezra, older Fitz, Nicholson,a few of the BiB are on my list to try
  • I like it 2

PS George Dickel 11 Year AS 51.5% ABV (I'm hoping this will be the perfect balance between the 9 YO and 14 YO Single Barrel expressions I have)

• I like it 1

Another one that I didn't put on my list that I'm always on the lookout for is RHF.

Great stuff!

RHF as it's what Im trying to build up a store of

I'd grab a weller 12 if it actually existed

4 roses store picks

thinking of adding the cask strength store pick maker's 46 to the list. (I'd love some input from those f you who've tried them)

Every new batch of stagg jr and ECBP

OWA generally but I've got 3 litres unopened

Fantasy Land: All the unicorns at MSRP.  Sure, I'm a buyer! 

For reals: RHF, JJB, ETL, 10 FR recipes, private selections.  Scotch. 

At this point in my bourbon journey, I don't have a list per se. My purchases almost exclusively consist of the following: favorites that I usually have on hand, bottles I enjoy but haven't had in a while, bottles that are only available sporadically, and store picks. I'll pick up new releases as well but not with nearly the enthusiasm or frequency as a few years ago.

ETL, RHF, ECBP and W12 if i found any close to retail.

Of the frequently availables:

OF1920

OGD114

Hmk10

Larceny

Blantons (pretty much always available around here)

Edited by Jfletchgu

I wrote up quite a list when I was bored during a slow period two weeks ago haha. I don't have any great reason for most of these - I have always collected things, and I want to try everything I can get my hands on. 

It will surely take years, but I will try to have most of these eventually. 

whiskey list.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I wrote up quite a list when I was bored during a slow period two weeks ago haha. I don't have any great reason for most of these - I have always collected things, and I want to try everything I can get my hands on. 

It will surely take years, but I will try to have most of these eventually. 

whiskey list.jpg

That is quite the list you have there, Ben!

4 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

That is quite the list you have there, Ben!

I'm not sure if you've seen the Whisk(e)y Vault / Whisk(e)y Marketing School, but their collection is an aspiration!

2 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I'm not sure if you've seen the Whisk(e)y Vault / Whisk(e)y Marketing School, but their collection is an aspiration!

Just looked online... 655 whiskies?!? What?

Just now, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Just looked online... 655 whiskies?!? What?

They have quite an extensive collection! haha. It ranges from bottom shelf stuff up to the really high-end stuff. 

If you get bored, watch some of their videos - they can be goofy at times, but I find them to be pretty entertaining and knowledgeable (they are starting a distillery to go along with their sommelier courses too). 

Most of them.

Except for:

RRSiB, OFSiB, and EC and that's only because I have a boatload of those from private barrel picks that my group did.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, jshleffar said:

RHF as it's what Im trying to build up a store of

I'd grab a weller 12 if it actually existed

4 roses store picks

thinking of adding the cask strength store pick maker's 46 to the list. (I'd love some input from those f you who've tried them)

Every new batch of stagg jr and ECBP

OWA generally but I've got 3 litres unopened

I have had a couple of the Makers Mark private select w/ various staves and have enjoyed them all. 

• I like it 1

My LS has an ER PS coming that if after proofing down it tastes anywhere near what the BP sample tasted like I'll be getting at least a case.

Any GTS, WLW, ER17, ORVW, Lot B, PVW 15 or 20.

Seems like I heard somewhere that the next CEHT 4G is coming out in Feb '18. The one I got this year didn't last very long... :D

Planning on picking these PS on a Black Friday. Local store has a sale going.

ER10 PS

BT PS

Blantons PS

Then I will shop for some FR PS.

• I like it 1

On November 20, 2017 at 10:31 PM, Spade said:

At this point in my bourbon journey, I don't have a list per se. My purchases almost exclusively consist of the following: favorites that I usually have on hand, bottles I enjoy but haven't had in a while, bottles that are only available sporadically, and store picks. I'll pick up new releases as well but not with nearly the enthusiasm or frequency as a few years ago.

This pretty much echoes my sentiments.  Have too much in the bunker I need to work down at the moment. 

I will buy RHF if I see it at a reasonable price, as well as interesting store picks (particularly for 4R, BT, or WT juice). After that, I'll keep a couple bottles of Willett 3 year rye on hand as I really like these in old fashioneds. And when in Europe, I like to pick up a couple Blanton's SFTB and Gold. If I stumble on a unicorn, great, but not going out of my way or paying through the nose. 

So my next bottles are more than likely Calvados and/or Armagnac.

At this point pretty much just the LE's as long as they are close to retail, JB Distiller's Cut and whatever dusty stuff I come across.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.