What bourbon would you like to see offered (or made available)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not really talking about more BTaC or Pappy or other LEs.  More, what would you like to see or for some posters that are veteran whiskey drinkers, what bottles from years past would you like to see offered again?

Two for me:

1) return the Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend aka donut. Single barrel, barrel proof Turkey. I know RR SiB comes close but the variance in barrels would be nice. 

2) Four Roses to offer small batch offerings of the B mash bill and E mash bill. 

Just my thoughts. 

• I like it 1

What I like to refer to as "The Big Three".

Weller Centennial

Eagle Rare 10/101

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10/101

I've posted a few times here that if these three bourbons were produced again, there'd be a whole lotta happy campers. ^_^  'Nuff Ced. 

Sláinte! Joe

• I like it 9

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller Centennial

Eagle Rare 10/101

I've posted a few times here that if these three bourbons were produced again, there'd be a whole lotta happy campers. ^_^  'Nuff Ced. 

Sláinte! Joe

I'll second Joe on this one 100 percent!

-Mike

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

12 year EH Taylor Barrel Proof

I'd like that also.

I'd like to see LS's get the option to get all store picks bottled at barrel proof if they choose: OF, ER10, BT, Blanton's, etc.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller Centennial

Eagle Rare 10/101

Sláinte! Joe

This is a pretty good list!

I'd love for Maker's Mark to release a 10+ year 100 proof version. I'm a big fan of MMCS but I think it'd be even better with some more age.

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller Centennial

Eagle Rare 10/101

Sláinte! Joe

This right here.

I also don't get why THH isn't a regular release. Six year old barrel proof rye. Seems like they would have a ton of it.

34 minutes ago, Spade said:

I'd love for Maker's Mark to release a 10+ year 100 proof version. I'm a big fan of MMCS but I think it'd be even better with some more age.

I second this. I’d love to see a barrel proof Maker’s Mark in the 12-15 year range.

15 hours ago, Mako254 said:

what bottles from years past would you like to see offered again?

If the old versions from the 50's and 60's could be brought back to life....... J.W. Dant, Old Taylor, OGD and Old Fitzgerald.

The current swill being passed off under these great names today is damn near criminal when compared to what they used to be. When I become Earth Czar, they'll go away :) 

• I like it 1

+1 to MMCS at 12 years or so

+1 to THH as a regular release, I would pay $80 retail for it but the only chance I ever get at it is $300+ secondary prices which is nuts

I would love to see Eagle Rare 10 at barrel proof.

3 hours ago, Spade said:

I'm liking this one.  A MM at 8-10 yrs, and 100-107 pr is very attractive to me.  

• I like it 1

On 11/24/2017 at 7:11 PM, Mako254 said:

Not really talking about more BTaC or Pappy or other LEs.  More, what would you like to see or for some posters that are veteran whiskey drinkers, what bottles from years past would you like to see offered again?

Two for me:

1) return the Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend aka donut. Single barrel, barrel proof Turkey. I know RR SiB comes close but the variance in barrels would be nice. 

2) Four Roses to offer small batch offerings of the B mash bill and E mash bill. 

Just my thoughts. 

There's a thread from a couple years ago suggesting, to the world, that WT offer BP picks.  The WT RBs satisfy SOME of that itch, but it'd be nice to have a group of persons whose palates we sort of know pick from a group of barrels for the rest of us.  Nothing ever came of it, of course, but dreams are hard to stifle.:)

• I like it 1

Pre-Beam Old Crow, ER 101, OC 10, age stated WT 101 (pre-WTRB, KS or RR brands) and SW Old Fitz...

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 1

If W12 would just be on shelves, I'd be content.  I'm sure I could come up with some more variety, but for $30-$35 retail, I'd have a hard time justifying searching much further...

• I like it 1

Here's an easy one.  I suggested to HH, come out with a barrel (or at least 107) proof and non chill filtered version of Larceny.  

• I like it 2

51 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

If W12 would just be on shelves, I'd be content.  I'm sure I could come up with some more variety, but for $30-$35 retail, I'd have a hard time justifying searching much further...

When I first joined this forum most members preferred OWA as it was $5-$10 cheaper. Times have changed.

25 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Here's an easy one.  I suggested to HH, come out with a barrel (or at least 107) proof and non chill filtered version of Larceny.  

I love this idea as well! There have been a lot of great ideas, but this is interesting!

I think I have a soft spot for Larceny though because it was the bourbon that got me into bourbon.... Great stuff, but barrel proof would be amazing!

Did you really suggest it to them? If so, what did they reply with?

Cheers!

Ancient Ancient Age

Old Stagg

Restoration of classics back to 90/original proof

Edited by musekatcher

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

I’d sign up for that. Go after the folks searching for OWA

I'd like to see more availability and variety of the longer aged bourbons, in the $100-$200 price range. 15 years, 18 years etc., similar to the Scotch and Irish whiskies. More EC18, Henry McKenna 15, Weller 15, Knob creek 18, Eagle rare 15, 21, OGD 10, those kind of bottles, Blantons 15. I know they can get over-oaked, but so can scotch, just select the better barrels as you go along and release them when their ready.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.